AOR Received.
22-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
LANDED..........
07-02-2022
It is considered as an employment. I got my points like that. You need to demonstrate that you will leave Quebec when they approve the application.
Did you also apply from Quebec? If yes, how was your experience? Thank you. :)

Song R1763

Dec 3, 2020
Generally speaking, IRCC wants a letter from your employers stating that they are offering you the job for at least one full year after you become a PR. If you don't have a letter from your employer that specifically includes this line, there's a chance IRCC will say you are not entitled to the 50 points.

No, IRCC won't take COVID-19 delays into account. Besides, even without COVID-19 delays and normal processing times, you would still be short on time with your job only running to August 2021 and an ETA of November 2020 to receive PR. The math still wouldn't work.
Hi Scylla,

I am in a kind of similar situation. Could you please answer me some questions? Thank you!

I am a postdoc fellow that has working in a Canadian research institution for 1 year and I am still working for my employer who is listed on my closed work permit. My job offer is:
1). Started from Dec. 2019
2). Valid for 3 years, which means it will be finished in Dec. 2022.

My questions is:
From IRCC's website, I need to approve that my employer will offer me another 1 year job to let me get the 50 points. But my current job offer will be valid until Dec. 2022, so if I entered the pool in this month, do I still need to ask my employer to issue a written job offer which garantee he will hire me for another year after I got the PR?

If yes, should I ask my employer to specifically mention "I will hire XXX as a postdoctoral fellow for another year after he got his PR."? Or there is an offical offer template that will cover this information?
If no, how could the IRCC agents verify this 3-year offer qualifys the "at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa " condition? Since no one will know the exact PR visa issue date.

Thank you for your help and attention!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

I am in a kind of similar situation. Could you please answer me some questions? Thank you!

I am a postdoc fellow that has working in a Canadian research institution for 1 year and I am still working for my employer who is listed on my closed work permit. My job offer is:
1). Started from Dec. 2019
2). Valid for 3 years, which means it will be finished in Dec. 2022.

My questions is:
From IRCC's website, I need to approve that my employer will offer me another 1 year job to let me get the 50 points. But my current job offer will be valid until Dec. 2022, so if I entered the pool in this month, do I still need to ask my employer to issue a written job offer which garantee he will hire me for another year after I got the PR?

If yes, should I ask my employer to specifically mention "I will hire XXX as a postdoctoral fellow for another year after he got his PR."? Or there is an offical offer template that will cover this information?
If no, how could the IRCC agents verify this 3-year offer qualifys the "at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa " condition? Since no one will know the exact PR visa issue date.

Thank you for your help and attention!
Ideally you should get a letter from your employer stating that condition specifically.

Song R1763

Dec 3, 2020
Ideally you should get a letter from your employer stating that condition specifically.
Thank you very much! Yes, I should get the letter from my employer, since the if I don't have the 50 points my CRS score is only 462 which is lower than the recent draws. Thank you again!

attana

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering if someone has an answer to my question...

I'm a postdoc working in Canada on PGWP. One year completed on my contract and I have one more year on the contract (March 2020 to March 2022). I can get an extension on the contract as well/ or a letter confirming that I will have this for one more year after my PR approval.

1. Can I claim that I have a job offer with this? It seems postdocs are exempted from LMIA.

2. If yes. What documents do IRCC ask to upload when you get an ITA?

3. do they ask for “The Offer of Employment” (This is not the employment offer letter) ? the university does not offer this to PGWP postdocs. They only offer this to someone needs a restricted work permit to come to Canada as a postdoc.

hsnzfr

Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone
My supervisor gave me a job offer letter, however, she added a sentence "provided my funding status does not change" as follows:

"I will be pleased to offer him a one-year postdoctoral fellow job (NOC 4011) under my supervision after he becomes a permanent resident in Canada provided my funding status does not change."

Do you think this sentence will become problematic for me to get that 50 points?

Thanks

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi scylla,

i got a one year experience with my postdoc LMIA exempt and now i am a permanent university professor LMIA exempt with the same university (so the university will state that it will assure the one year after my PR)

yet my question is regarding the conditions for the valid job offer for EXPRESS ENTRY

as my valid job offer is the university professor and the one year experience was as a postdoc researcher , (will i be able to get the 50 points for my case ?)

Thanks a lot!i will appreciate your answers :)

CJEQ

May 30, 2021
Hi everyone
My supervisor gave me a job offer letter, however, she added a sentence "provided my funding status does not change" as follows:

"I will be pleased to offer him a one-year postdoctoral fellow job (NOC 4011) under my supervision after he becomes a permanent resident in Canada provided my funding status does not change."

Do you think this sentence will become problematic for me to get that 50 points?

Thanks
Hi,
Can I ask if you got the 50 extra points? I finished my first year of my postdoc contract on August 1 and am now starting my second year. I don't know if I need to ask my supervisor to write a letter of recommendation stating that I will be employed for another year after I get my PR or if I need the university to modify the second year contract that I have already received?
Thank you.