+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Biometric Yet Request For Biometric Fee

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Update on Visitors Visa on 7th September, 2023.

I know from the IRCC website that for visitor visa, I am supposed to provide Biometric once every 10 years and do not need to give my biometrics again until the 10-year period expire.

However, they requested me to provide Biometric Fee Payment of CAD $85 online and attach proof to my application within 7-days or my application may be refused. This seems contradictory to the information on their website.

This was after my application has been in progress since 25th May 2023. I am wondering if they are now going to send me BIL. I know there are no IRCC officers here but has anyone come across this before?

STATUS OF APPLICATION ON BOTH PLATFORMS AS AT 11TH SEPTEMBER 2023

IRCC DASHBOARD

Application Date: 25th May 2023

Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need information from you.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical result: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made.

TRACKER DASHBOARD

Biometrics
: In progress

Medical exam: Not started

Eligibility: Not started

Background verification: In progress

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
Update on Visitors Visa on 7th September, 2023.

I know from the IRCC website that for visitor visa, I am supposed to provide Biometric once every 10 years and do not need to give my biometrics again until the 10-year period expire.

However, they requested me to provide Biometric Fee Payment of CAD $85 online and attach proof to my application within 7-days or my application may be refused. This seems contradictory to the information on their website.

This was after my application has been in progress since 25th May 2023. I am wondering if they are now going to send me BIL. I know there are no IRCC officers here but has anyone come across this before?

STATUS OF APPLICATION ON BOTH PLATFORMS AS AT 11TH SEPTEMBER 2023

IRCC DASHBOARD

Application Date: 25th May 2023

Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need information from you.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical result: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made.

TRACKER DASHBOARD

Biometrics
: In progress

Medical exam: Not started

Eligibility: Not started

Background verification: In progress
Please, I am in the same situation now, what happened after you paid for the new biometrics?