+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccination for baby with Visitor visa

imjihere

Feb 6, 2020
Hi

I will be travelling with my 6 months old son as a visitor to Canada. Both me and my hubby have valid work permits and we are planning to have the baby stay with us for some period(around 6-8months).
Also we are planning to take Medical insurance to cover his medical expenses. He has got all his vaccinations done in India upto 6months. Post 6 months, since he is travelling there need to follow Canada(Ontario) immunisation chart
1. Will they provide vaccination for a visitor?
2. Does the medical insurance covers vaccination fee?
3. If not, how much expensive vaccinations would be?

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
If you guys are coming on work permit and your son is coming as dependent, he should receive OHIP. With OHIP and your employer's coverage everything should be covered.

imjihere

Feb 6, 2020
Hey Thanks for replying!! We have got him Visitor Visa, does that means he will be considered as my dependant and he can get OHIP?
As per my knowledge visitors are not eligible for OHIP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Thanks for replying!! We have got him Visitor Visa, does that means he will be considered as my dependant and he can get OHIP?
As per my knowledge visitors are not eligible for OHIP.
children of students or work permit holders are an exception.

imjihere

Feb 6, 2020
Yeah I already have insurance covered through my company. Hope that will help during the waiting period.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah I already have insurance covered through my company. Hope that will help during the waiting period.
You may want to check whether the insurance is just an extended health benefit plan which covers things like dental care, prescription medication, etc. You must qualify for provincial healthcare to be able to qualify for most extended benefit healthcare plans.