+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vacation information. Please help

Dhejhaye05

Jun 10, 2015
Hello guys!!! I just need some informations and help please. Okay so i am a permanent resident here in canada and i already got my PR card and i want to go back in the philippines to have a few months vacation in there and marry my girlfriend also. But its mu first time to fly alone and i dont know what do i need to do so i can do all my plans. Well my only plan is have a 2 months vacation back there and marry my girlfriend in there. Can someone please tell me what do i need to do? Im a PR anyways. Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's not clear what you are asking.

As a PR, you are free to leave Canada for a vacation outside of Canada and you are also free to marry your girlfriend while you are outside of Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To fly and come back, you need your passport and PR card. In order to get married in the Philippines, you might need a birth certificate. I have no idea about that though. You should ask someone who lives there and has gotten married there what documents you need.

After you return to Canada, you can sponsor your wife for PR but I guess you are not asking about that at this time.

Dhejhaye05

Jun 10, 2015
Well i just arrive here in canada last september and my dad sponsored us for permanent resident. So do think its okay if im already going to sponsore my spouse ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhejhaye05 said:
Well i just arrive here in canada last september and my dad sponsored us for permanent resident. So do think its okay if im already going to sponsore my spouse ?
So you were sponsored by your father as a dependent child which is ok. One of the conditions to get PR as a dependent child is that you are not married or in a common law partnership so I assume you were not living with your gf for 12 months at any time before getting PR and you were not married when you got your PR so that's fine so far.

Now you are a PR in your own right so if you get married, it is your right to sponsor your wife.