+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Hey,
I walked into FedEx and created a new label. VFS clearly mentioned what documents they are expecting from me so it was easy to cross verify.
In my case, they needed the new photos along with the shipment confirmation receipt. They also mentioned that the shipment confirmation receipt can be sent via an email. They also asked me for a new TT consent form earlier before they opened my package. So don’t worry, unless there’s something else they need, you should be fine to send a soft copy via an email. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if this is something you can do upfront or need to wait until they get back to you asking for it.
Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it a lot. Did you scan and email that new tt consent form they requested again? Or that was emailed together with the pictures requested?

erma1234

Mar 17, 2022
I am assuming VFS NY is taking long time? My passports were submitted on Feb 28 and no updates so far.
Hey, did you get your tracking number? Mine was submitted on Mar 1 and have not received any communication from them yet. The chat assistants couldnt find my tracking number either so I am assuming my passport has not even been processed at NY VAC.

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Hi guys. Need your help. I made a mistake. I only sent 1 copy of the TT services contest form for Passport submission in New York. It’s supposed to be 2 copies. How do I fix this? What can be done? Thank you
When i tried to expedite my request, vfs asked me to send another copy of signed copy of consent form via email to them. Info.canny@vfshelpline.com. May be you could try that ti send your missing consent form for your application

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
When i tried to expedite my request, vfs asked me to send another copy of signed copy of consent form via email to them. Info.canny@vfshelpline.com. May be you could try that ti send your missing consent form for your application
thank you so much for this. I will do the same. However, just wanted to ask what was the reason for sending another consent form? Is it because you just sent1 copy like me or something else?

M1Ash1

Mar 17, 2022
Hello Guys,
I have a question on passport submission. I received a passport request for PR from New York visa office but I reside in India. I am a bit confused with the process. I assumed that the passport request is generally sent from the local country's visa office, is that not true? Is anybody in the same boat? If yes, how did you submit your passports to New York vac from India? Thanks.

Reactions: Can22

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
thank you so much for this. I will do the same. However, just wanted to ask what was the reason for sending another consent form? Is it because you just sent1 copy like me or something else?
Because of my expedite request they asked me to send it again via email so that they wont be liable for anything that goes wrong i guess. And fyi vfs webchat works best at 8:30 - 9 AM est. you can check with them to make sure about consent form

Reactions: PauR20

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Because of my expedite request they asked me to send it again via email so that they wont be liable for anything that goes wrong i guess. And fyi vfs webchat works best at 8:30 - 9 AM est. you can check with them to make sure about consent form
Thank you so much! You’ve been so helpful!

nwo4lyf

May 29, 2019
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2022
LANDED..........
17-01-2023
For anyone who might find a timeline useful, here's mine:

PPR received: Feb 18, 2022
Documents mailed (using label generated from VFS' 2-way courier service): Feb 24, 2022
Documents delivered: Feb 25, 2022
VFS email saying they have opened my package: March 10, 2022
VFS email with tracking ID, saying it is sent to the Consulate: March 16, 2022
VFS email saying passport is received at consulate: March 17, 2022

Several things happened on March 22:
  • IRCC portal updated with approval status and approval letter
  • VFS email saying passport is dispatched from consulate
  • VFS email saying passport is received at CVAC
  • VFS email saying passport is couriered
Return FedEx tracking number generated and passport sent via Fedex: March 23, 2022
Expected to be received tomorrow (March 24).

Passport had been sent to CVAC NYC. Applying from California (Indian citizen living in the US). AOR date was Feb 25, 2020.

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Do we only get one email every step of the processing for COPR from donotreply @vfsglobal.com per family? I got 4 email that VFS New York received the documents last March 16 (we are a family of 4). But only got one email with one tracking id, is this for the family?

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Hi, we sent our passport to VFS NYC VAC yesterday, but forgot to write the application number on the back of the photos. Will that be an issue? Has any of you gotten a request to re-submit photos because of this?

nwo4lyf

May 29, 2019
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2022
LANDED..........
17-01-2023
Hi, we sent our passport to VFS NYC VAC yesterday, but forgot to write the application number on the back of the photos. Will that be an issue? Has any of you gotten a request to re-submit photos because of this?
Application number is not required on the back. Per the instructions for the photos:

The back of one (1) photograph must:
* bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
* bear the date the photograph was taken
* the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Application number is not required on the back. Per the instructions for the photos:

The back of one (1) photograph must:
* bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
* bear the date the photograph was taken
* the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
I followed the same instructions, but in the email requesting the visa, there is a Note as follows:

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.
Not sure if this only applies to visa exempt applicants/online applicants.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Additionally, seems like we forgot to superscribe the application type and reference number on the envelope. Would that be an issue? :confused: This whole process is unnecessarily confusing. :rolleyes: