+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USPS safe to send passport from US to Canada?

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hi,

I've gone through other threads and am wondering if anyone has experience in sending passport for their PPR from the US to Canada through USPS. Most threads recommend FedEx or UPS but both of those don't deliver to your mailbox and will instead require a signature when the passport is delivered back to me. Unfortunately, I won't be at home except for the weekend for most of the month. Is there a problem with sending through USPS? I know that they will not require a signature and will deliver to the mailbox.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
In FedEx as well as UPS you can hold the mail at a store and collect it at your convenience later. Also if they don't have someone to sign , they leave a door tag which you can sign and leave back in the door.

Mainly signature service is optional for FedEx as far as I know. It is something you choose while creating label for an additional cost. Not sure if they mandate it with every international priority mail.

USPS should be good too, but sometimes I've seen their tracking system stuck at a particular point without further updates.