+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USING UK ELECTRONICS IN CANADA - ADVICE NEEDED.

INTEGRITY

May 21, 2010
Hello,
Just planning to Land in Canada by next week. And hoping to go with UK to USA power step down for my 42 inches Plasma TV and my CD player as well.
My question is; Has any of you out there tried this venture or risk I want to take? Was the step down able to perfectly and SAFELY step down the British voltage to USA/CANADA Voltage without any problem or hazard to the Electronics? If yes, which make of the step down did you use for your systems? Please I really need a comprehensive advice on this matter asap for Economic reasons.
I just need the system to watch some programmes and forget some my temporary problems.
Please kindly help with your honest advice as usual.
Thanks.

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mate honestly go check some tech geek forms if you dont wana burn the teli. i will try to google some for u tomorrow, its lil late for me to stay awake. have fun. btw where about u r from uk

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

INTEGRITY said:
Hello,
Just planning to Land in Canada by next week. And hoping to go with UK to USA power step down for my 42 inches Plasma TV and my CD player as well.
My question is; Has any of you out there tried this venture or risk I want to take? Was the step down able to perfectly and SAFELY step down the British voltage to USA/CANADA Voltage without any problem or hazard to the Electronics? If yes, which make of the step down did you use for your systems? Please I really need a comprehensive advice on this matter asap for Economic reasons.
I just need the system to watch some programmes and forget some my temporary problems.
Thanks.
You know that your TV is probably PAL while the NA standard is NTSC? Unless your TV receives NTSC as well as PAL or SECAM it it not going to work?

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
INTEGRITY said:
Hello,
Thanks.

Mate i went from UK and i used all my electronic products in Canada with the same voltage, mind you i had to buy the universal adapter for the plugs. thats all

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some products will work with anything from 110 to 240V and some TV's will work with both NTSC and PAL so you basically just have to read the manual to see if it works and what you have to do.