+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using old expired ECA dates in eAPR

Paddy23

Aug 13, 2023
Hi,
Got some twist in my eAPR and would appreciate any inputs on how to deal with it.
When filling our EE profile, we used the date of the initial report August 9, 2018 in the "Date ECA was issued field" in the Education section and the issue now is we made a mistake by not changing this date post ITA until submission of eAPR. We only realised after submitting eAPR on August 10, 2023 that we still had the date when the old ECA was issued.

Going by this it meant the system would have considered the ECA expired and our crs would have dropped below that of the lowest ranked candidate in our round of invitation at the time of submitting eAPR. However, we uploaded a copy of the duplicate report issued on July 31, 2023 in the Education field of the eAPR and also a LOE stating that the duplicate report replaces our expired report extending the validity for another five years as per information from WES. We had also asked WES to send electronic copy of the duplicate report to IRCC when we ordered it which was done.

Do you think even if our crs had dropped at the time of submitting eAPR, based on that we used the date on the old expired ECA, but the fact that WES had sent electronic copy of the renewed duplicate report to IRCC and we uploaded copy of the renewed duplicate report and LOE in our eAPR before submission we would still be allocated the points for Spouse education? Any need to raise CSE for this? Your help and inputs will be really appreciated as we are very worried.

Last edited:

Jigar1991

Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
Got some twist in my eAPR and would appreciate any inputs on how to deal with it.
When filling our EE profile, we used the date of the initial report August 9, 2018 in the "Date ECA was issued field" in the Education section and the issue now is we made a mistake by not changing this date post ITA until submission of eAPR. We only realised after submitting eAPR on August 10, 2023 that we still had the date when the old ECA was issued.

Going by this it meant the system would have considered the ECA expired and our crs would have dropped below that of the lowest ranked candidate in our round of invitation at the time of submitting eAPR. However, we uploaded a copy of the duplicate report issued on July 31, 2023 in the Education field of the eAPR and also a LOE stating that the duplicate report replaces our expired report extending the validity for another five years as per information from WES. We had also asked WES to send electronic copy of the duplicate report to IRCC when we ordered it which was done.

Do you think even if our crs had dropped at the time of submitting eAPR, based on that we used the date on the old expired ECA, but the fact that WES had sent electronic copy of the renewed duplicate report to IRCC and we uploaded copy of the renewed duplicate report and LOE in our eAPR before submission we would still be allocated the points for Spouse education? Any need to raise CSE for this? Your help and inputs will be really appreciated as we are very worried.
On what date have you created the EE profile?
On what date have you received an ITA?
Was the ECA valid when creating the EE Profile?
Basis of the answer of all three questions, I can guide you further

Paddy23

Aug 13, 2023
Thank you so much for your reply. I created the EE profile on February 15, 2023 and received ITA on June 27, 2023. ECA was still valid when I created the EE profile and also when I received ITA. Initial ECA expired on August 9, 2023 and I submitted eAPR on August 10, 2023. However, I had renewed the ECA by ordering a duplicate on July 31, 2023 which was also sent electronically to IRCC. Only that I still had the date of the initial ECA in the "Date ECA was issued" field when submitting eAPR.

Jigar1991

Dec 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. I created the EE profile on February 15, 2023 and received ITA on June 27, 2023. ECA was still valid when I created the EE profile and also when I received ITA. Initial ECA expired on August 9, 2023 and I submitted eAPR on August 10, 2023. However, I had renewed the ECA by ordering a duplicate on July 31, 2023 which was also sent electronically to IRCC. Only that I still had the date of the initial ECA in the "Date ECA was issued" field when submitting eAPR.
It's alright. Raise the webform, attach the new ECA report. Explain why the reason. You may leave it as it is. It may pass through. Worst they can ask for an ADR.

Paddy23

Aug 13, 2023
Okay, thank you. I already attached the new ECA (duplicate) report in the Education upload file together with my degree certificate, transcript, and IELTS when I submitted the eAPR. And I also attached a LOE stating that the new (duplicate) ECA report replaces the old expired one as per information from WES website.
In this case, I may not need to raise any webform to attach the new report again since IRCC will have both an electronic copy of the new ECA report from WES and the attached copy with LOE which I submitted during my eAPR.