+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using job offer letter for ICT WP Extension as proof of LMIA exempt for PR

aczire

Sep 25, 2016
Hi All,

As per the revised policy for the Express Entry, if we do have a job offer letter for next one more year for ICT Workpermit (LMIA exempt class) we can get additional points.
As per Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) policy I'm not going to get a valid job offer letter to prove the same.
But I do have the job offer letter for ICT WP extension, where the company explains everything including the extension for next 24 more months.

Can I use this offer letter to prove that my company is willing to give me job for next 24 more months and there by get additional points for PR?

Please advice,

Tom

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
aczire said:
Hi All,

As per the revised policy for the Express Entry, if we do have a job offer letter for next one more year for ICT Workpermit (LMIA exempt class) we can get additional points.
As per Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) policy I'm not going to get a valid job offer letter to prove the same.
But I do have the job offer letter for ICT WP extension, where the company explains everything including the extension for next 24 more months.

Can I use this offer letter to prove that my company is willing to give me job for next 24 more months and there by get additional points for PR?

Please advice,

Tom
Anand.Vyas said:
I have a same question.

I had responded to the other thread for same question.

This question has been bugging to all ICT folks, only option I would say is to give it a try with WP extension Offer letter along with LOE and see how it turns up. Nobody has answer to this mate.

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
i also have the same question, please let us know the job offer in work permit is accepted in CIC with out any problems..

aczire

Sep 25, 2016
It turns out that you cannot use this as a job offer letter for obtaining additional points. (I haven't tried, but assuming that would be the case)
Because, as per CIC, they need a letter from employer stating that "you'll be employed for more that xx year AFTER GETTING PR".
The work permit extension letter does not says so.

Just putting my thoughts in here, and you are welcome to give it a try.

Harry1116

Mar 14, 2017
I am on ICT, and I too tried my best to obtain Offer of Emp. letter from my company HRs, but did not work. My manager said he cannot give such a letter on company's letter head without HR's approval. I am stuck here not knowing how to proceed. Any expert suggestion?? Should i consult a lawyer? I just have 15 more days to submit my application.

Thankyou!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Harry1116 said:
I am on ICT, and I too tried my best to obtain Offer of Emp. letter from my company HRs, but did not work. My manager said he cannot give such a letter on company's letter head without HR's approval. I am stuck here not knowing how to proceed. Any expert suggestion?? Should i consult a lawyer? I just have 15 more days to submit my application.

Thankyou!!
You need the letter to get the points. There's no way around that. If you can't get the letter, you should decline the ITA to avoid any chance of a misrepresentation finding.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

Does anybody has any suggestions please.

I'm on ICT and claimed the additional 50 points based on valid job offer which is exempt from LMIA.

I got the employment letter from my employer with all the required details, but nothing is mentioned as for how long I'll working in Canada. My WP is valid till April, 2018. So, am worried about last point below, can some one provide your opinions on point c? becoz by the time CIC takes decision and request for passport, my WP won't be valid for 1 year.

I think this is a universal statement and is valid for newly immigrating people but not us as we are already working in Canada.

--> you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

a.) are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
b.) have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c.) have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
santoshreddyc said:
I got the employment letter from my employer with all the required details, but nothing is mentioned as for how long I'll working in Canada. My WP is valid till April, 2018. So, am worried about last point below, can some one provide your opinions on point c? becoz by the time CIC takes decision and request for passport, my WP won't be valid for 1 year.

IRCC provides the details of how you can meet the requirements for a "valid job offer" on its website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

You'll see that IRCC emphasizes, "A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit."

You must have an offer of FUTURE employment specifiying at least one year of employment AFTER becoming PR.

I think this is a universal statement and is valid for newly immigrating people but not us as we are already working in Canada.
You would be wrong - note that one of the criteria is that you have already been working for the Canadian employer for one year, so it could only be for people already working in Canada.

--> you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
b.) have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c.) have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. This is the part that you are missing and will need to claim/keep the 50 points.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
jes_ON said:

IRCC provides the details of how you can meet the requirements for a "valid job offer" on its website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

You'll see that IRCC emphasizes, "A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit."

You must have an offer of FUTURE employment specifiying at least one year of employment AFTER becoming PR.

You would be wrong - note that one of the criteria is that you have already been working for the Canadian employer for one year, so it could only be for people already working in Canada.

c.) have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. This is the part that you are missing and will need to claim/keep the 50 points.
Thanks Jes. So, can you pls suggest me further as what should I do.

I received AOR on Feb 6th, and below is my appl status, my appl was picked in Dec 22 draw, and i've been working close to 3 yrs now for the same employer on ICT and my WP expires on April 2018. Will I be good to consider for further processing?
Medicals passed on Mar 2nd.

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
santoshreddyc said:
Thanks Jes. So, can you pls suggest me further as what should I do. ... my appl was picked in Dec 22 draw ...

Depends on your CRS score. The threshold for the draw was 475 points. Since you will lose 50 pts for the valid job offer, will your CRS still be at or above the threshold? If yes, it won't hurt your application. If no, you are not eligible and unfortunately the application will (most likely) be refused.

I suggest getting prepared to re-apply.

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my Job offer/occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thinly said:
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my Job offer/occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!
You don't qualify with the IELTS score you have. Your Reading score disqualifies you. You'll need to re-write IELTS and score at least 6.0 in each category.

Gaya

Sep 29, 2016
Hi,

Could any one please tell whether you got PR with the (TCS) ICT WP extension job offer ?

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
If they refuse, do I need to wait for 6 months or can I re-apply right away and be in the pool?
Because I heard that if d appl gets rejected then we have to wait for 6 months to re-apply.