+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using COPR/landing paper to enter back to canada

decent1984

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi There,

I am currently in Canada but do not have my PR card yet as I will get it only by end of september. Now I need to visit the US next month.

Can I use the COPR landing paper along with my passport to re-enter canada? I will be crossing into US/Canada via a land border through a Bus.

Thanks again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi There,

I am currently in Canada but do not have my PR card yet as I will get it only by end of september. Now I need to visit the US next month.

Can I use the COPR landing paper along with my passport to re-enter canada? I will be crossing into US/Canada via a land border through a Bus.

Thanks again.
1. No, you have to cross on a NON commercial carrier, i.e. private car, taxi, as a bus is a Commercial carrier, so without a PR card it is unlikely that you will be able to board.

Reactions: YVR123 and badar14

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

1. No, you have to cross on a NON commercial carrier, i.e. private car, taxi, as a bus is a Commercial carrier, so without a PR card it is unlikely that you will be able to board.
Further details are available on below CIC site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?

Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside Canada, and to apply for a new PR card when your current card expires.

Good Luck

S.B