+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

using COC form in applying LCP from being contract worker

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
hello everybody!!!

some are saying that i will use the COC form (change of status) in transfering to LCP from being a contract worker while i am still here..is this really the proper way to do ? any advice? thank you.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
majablanca said:
hello everybody!!!

some are saying that i will use the COC form (change of status) in transfering to LCP from being a contract worker while i am still here..is this really the proper way to do ? any advice? thank you.
hi..first, do you intend to apply for PR in your pursuit of switching to LCP??.. If so,,well the process is just applying for work permit.. u dont need to change your status as being a live in caregiver is being a contract worker too..(u can only change status for example from visitor to worker, from student to worker vice versa and etc.. The reason I raise the first question is,, I would like to let you know,,if you can successfully obtain LMO and you believe you can get approved with a work permit(LCP),,make sure to APPLY OUTSIDE OF CANADA..(e.g. US,,u can pick up ur visa when approve).. Dont apply in Vegreville..I strongly advise you as u will not be qualified under LCP if you do so..