+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

using AUTOMATED TRAVEL KIOSK

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
using automated @ TORONTO AIRPORT
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

I am permamnet resident of Canada living in USA, every time when I have to visit CANADA my wife comes @ border like BUFFALO and I entered in CANADA, they just swipe PR CARD and let us in, because my wife and kids are living in CANADA ,she has ON DL and ON LICENSE plate on the car. I am planing to VISIT them in DEC. Can I fly from USA TO TORONTO and use AUTOMATED TRAVEL KIOSK ? What happen at KIOSK ? Is it risky because I am not fulfiling my permanent obligation requirement ? My PR card expiring in MAR 2015.

Please share your experience and give me sugestion to keep my residency alive ?

senior please...........

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parkarasif said:

I am permamnet resident of Canada living in USA, every time when I have to visit CANADA my wife comes @ border like BUFFALO and I entered in CANADA, they just swipe PR CARD and let us in, because my wife and kids are living in CANADA ,she has ON DL and ON LICENSE plate on the car. I am planing to VISIT them in DEC. Can I fly from USA TO TORONTO and use AUTOMATED TRAVEL KIOSK ? What happen at KIOSK ? Is it risky because I am not fulfiling my permanent obligation requirement ? My PR card expiring in MAR 2015.

....senior please...........
You can use automated gates at Pearson if you have a PR Card. Its not a simple wave and pass...there is a CBSA agent at the end of the line who checks your passport and PR Card to make sure you are the holder...if there wasn't then anyone could give their documents to say a friend for easy entry eh!! The CBSA agent can decide to send you to Secondary Inspection for whatever reason so you are not home and dry. SI can question you at great length if they so wish and report you.

parkarasif said:

I am permamnet resident of Canada living in USA,.....

Please share your experience and give me sugestion to keep my residency alive ?.....

senior please...........
The 3rd line above is the mistake you are making....the answer to your question is 'live in Canada' until you qualify for and ideally attain Citizenship then you have the right to enter Canada. As a PR you are playing roulette with your Residence Obligation...it may just go sour for you one day and you will get reported!

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
To
msafiri.

Thank you for your input. How about if I get reported can my wife apply for me? or just in case my residence status got relinquish , can my sponsor for me? and can I apply for visit visa ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes your spouse can sponsor you if you lose your PR because you breached the Residence Obligation or you chose to relinquish to save time instead of appealing a lost cause. You and your spouse must meet the conditions for sponsorship and you need to pass medical and security checks.