+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

useless ATIP request

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have ordered an ATIP a month ago and i was deceived ::) ::) ::) when i got this answer today . anybody experienced same thing ?

Due to technical difficulties we are currently unable to print your electronic citizenship file. This issue will be resolved at the end of July.

As we are unable to respect the statutory deadline, your request will remain open in order to allow us to provide you with the requested documents as soon as we have the means to do so.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
I requested a new ATIP report on 15th June. Just got that message for whatever technical reason they cannot print it out, will be resolved by end of July so I am guessing ATIP is useless till then.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
I requested a new ATIP report on 15th June. Just got that message for whatever technical reason they cannot print it out, will be resolved by end of July so I am guessing ATIP is useless till then.
exactly ,what pisses me off is that i have never called the call center to ask about my file and now when i made up my mind to do this Atip thing you can see the outcome :)

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cedarjet said:
Does this apply to a specific local office? or cic as a whole ?
ordering an ATIP has nothing to do with local offices so yes it's a whole CIC thing.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I misunderstood, I thought you meant that CIC was having trouble printing citizenship files (during processing or whatever).

Thanks for clearing it up.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
samreentariq said:
I applied for ATIP on June 1st and get the same massage today

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
me too! applied first week of June

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Does ATIP not working has something to do with regular processing of the application like scheduling tests/oath etc?

I had this question in my mind because if CIC can't print electronic file then how are they processing the citizenship applications?

If the processing is not being affected then my best guess would be that because atip might be processed by different department and citizenship applications might be processed by different department.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Does ATIP not working has something to do with regular processing of the application like scheduling tests/oath etc?

I had this question in my mind because if CIC can't print electronic file then how are they processing the citizenship applications?

If the processing is not being affected then my best guess would be that because atip might be processed by different department and citizenship applications might be processed by different department.
HI the coolguysam ,now that i have an update that i can answer your question ,yes when the Atip does not work or if some line disapears that means some activity is being done on ones file or application .
that was the case for me since i have now a notification for a test invite (email only didn't get the letter on snail mail yet) so this explains everything .

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdul560 said:
@ Samreentarik @ Torontonian @ CPrak0

expect a test invite soon , i ve just got mine today
Congrats, did you get it by reg. mail/ email or new line in eCAS appeared?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abdul560 said:
HI the coolguysam ,now that i have an update that i can answer your question ,yes when the Atip does not work or if some line disapears that means some activity is being done on ones file or application .
that was the case for me since i have now a notification for a test invite (email only didn't get the letter on snail mail yet) so this explains everything .
Thanks and congratulations.

Please provide the email address from where the email came from, if you don't mind me asking.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krohmal said:
Congrats, did you get it by reg. mail/ email or new line in eCAS appeared?
thank you
i ve got it as a new line in e-case still waiting for letter by regular mail they said they sent it on june 26 th means last friday so i am keeping an eye on physical mail box .

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can only recommend to submit a complaint about it to the Privacy Commissioner, just like I did. It can be done online and takes not more than 10 minutes, but could teach CIC that mistreating future citizens (or just any human beings, for that matter) is not going to slip through the cracks all the time. It is just hilarious that call centre people hang up on the applicants and even under ATIP the info is not available.