+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use visitor visa to enter Canada frequently to visit my spouse

Madmax9010

Mar 1, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently living in the US. My wife is applying the Canada PR, once she moved to Canada, can I visit she frequently (like twice a month)?
I won't stay too long per visit, probably just two or three days.
Will I be denied at the port of entry due to that much of frequent visits?

Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

I am currently living in the US. My wife is applying the Canada PR, once she moved to Canada, can I visit she frequently (like twice a month)?

Thanks!
You may well eventually be questioned about your frequently trips and possibly denied entry. Make sure you bring proof of your ties to the US with you, such as employment contracts, leases, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks!
Do you have a TRV? Are you from a visa exempt passport?

Madmax9010

Mar 1, 2020
You may have difficulty renewing the TRV. Other than that you should be fine.
Can you please let me know why it will be difficult to renew the TRV? Is this due to the frequent visits?
I thought it will be pretty easy to renew the TRV if my spouse is a pr and lives in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you please let me know why it will be difficult to renew the TRV? Is this due to the frequent visits?
I thought it will be pretty easy to renew the TRV if my spouse is a pr and lives in Canada.
It would be the opposite. There will be concerns that one day you will remain and start inland sponsorship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can visit on a TRV. When it expires that is a different story. Would have a copy of your lease just in case CBSA wants reassurance that you are returning to the US.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

Thanks!
As I already said in your other thread, yes, you may eventually be refused entry with such frequent visits.