Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
My wife and I applied for sponsorship alone without help of a representative but Canadian immigration said it appears we had a representive and won't process our application

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive a letter stating this?

If so, would you consider posting the letter here, omitting any personal information of course?

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
They said on the email they felt we had a representative and that we have to fill out IMM 5476. At no point in our process anyone touched or represented us. I emailed my MP. Another couple who sent the exact same package as us got approved so immigration made a mistake.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Post the exact wording of the email without any of your personal information.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Exact wording:

"""""Your application is incomplete; you will find details of the item(s) that are missing from this
application below:

The application appears to indicate the use of a representative. If you have a paid or unpaid
representative, you must complete, date and sign the Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) and
include it in your application.

All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted within 45 days of
the date of this letter in order to be processed. If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested
documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

In accordance with section 12 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, if the
information/documents requested have not been submitted within the timeframe listed above to
complete the application, your entire unprocessed application will be returned to you..""""

At no point in our application did we refer or use a representative. I have exact copies of the paperwork I sent and read through every form and paper with my wife. There is no one that we allowed to represent us.

Of course they never gave a direct phone line or email. So I emailed my Member of Parliament and will send a letter to immigration on Monday Signed by My spouse (Applicant) and I. Just in case I will include the IMM 5476 form declaring myself the representative as of December 4th, 2016. I know for a fact that someone at immigration misread our form because my friend and his spouse had a similar package with no IMM 5467 form and got approved.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Did you indicate different mailing and residential addresses for the applicant?

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
MilesAway said:
Did you indicate different mailing and residential addresses for the applicant?
No, why would that matter?

my spouse and I both have the same address and mailing address. A representative would deal with emails and such which is not the case as my wife will deal with the applicant stuff and I will deal with the sponsorship stuff. I have since got people to review copies of my submitted application and they can't find any reason why this would be a problem.

So I emailed the MP, also there was no mention of who the intended representative was, it sucks that literally this is what is holding back the application. Everything else was approved :(

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Who is the applicant and who is the sponsor? And who is this letter addressed to?

From your messages and I can be wrong, but it felt to me that you have applied for inland and the application is for the applicant (sponsored person). However, the information you gave probably has a tone of the sponsor wrote the information, such that the sponsor is the "representative" of the applicant and you need to fill out the form.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
GFLiam said:
Who is the applicant and who is the sponsor? And who is this letter addressed to?

From your messages and I can be wrong, but it felt to me that you have applied for inland and the application is for the applicant (sponsored person). However, the information you gave probably has a tone of the sponsor wrote the information, such that the sponsor is the "representative" of the applicant and you need to fill out the form.
Thanks for the response, I applied Outland but my member of parliament is reachable by phone and email fast (perks of living in an area with a low population). My wife is fluent in English and we have different writing styles. I guess they can assume what they want but they could at least give a phone number or email address to clear it up instead of sending a stock email.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
SaskinSeoul said:
No, why would that matter?

my spouse and I both have the same address and mailing address. A representative would deal with emails and such which is not the case as my wife will deal with the applicant stuff and I will deal with the sponsorship stuff. I have since got people to review copies of my submitted application and they can't find any reason why this would be a problem.

So I emailed the MP, also there was no mention of who the intended representative was, it sucks that literally this is what is holding back the application. Everything else was approved :(
There have been some people who indicated that they resided in their home country, but put their spouse's address for mailing, although they were actually residing there. In these cases, CIC requested that they send the required form for a representative, since it appeared that they would be sending the correspondence to the sponsor and not the applicant.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
if they are demanding the form, then fill out the form with the sponsor or applicant listed as the representative. it does not need to be a third person. that will suffice, and that person will be who cic contacts for all application related things. like the other poster suggested, it could be because the applicant is using a canadian address in the outland application.

floribec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-08-2016; Passed
Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
After reading many threads on use of a representative form for OUTLAND, it seems if you indicate your mailing address is the same as your spouse in Canada but your residential is different (home country) then you should have your spouse as your representative. We filled out the form and had my spouse as the representative and we have the same mailing address. No issues so far.

Here is the note on the general application form on contact information:
-If you wish to authorize the release of information from your application to a representative, indicate their email and mailing address in this section and on the IMM5476 form

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
While I know I'll probably get an interview now and a long waiting time. It seems like immigration cherry picks some applications over others.

I'm ready for what they throw at me, immigration didn't expect that I would email my member of parliament and get them on the case.

If anyone is phased or set back by immigration emailing or phoning your member of parliament usually causes your application to get extra attention which can be good or bad depending on your case worker.

My application is good now, just have to send a letter on Monday.

duMaurier

Apr 19, 2015
Just use yourself (you the Sponsor) as the Representative. I put myself as the Representative. I was also confused about this when I applied to sponsor. So I called and asked if I can be the Representative and they said YEP.