+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use of other names - Clarification

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
My surname is my fathers first name on all passports. However, my name on my bachelors degree has my fathers full name which has also been pointed out by WES on the first page of my ECA report. My questions are:

1. Do I need to choose Yes to use of other names? Personally I don’t see any harm in choosing Yes to be more clear on this discrepancy.

2. I have a same name affidavit which is notarized. Should this be included in the LOE section with an explanation or the same can be attached along with the degree/ECA in the educational section.

Thanks!

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
My surname is my fathers first name on all passports. However, my name on my bachelors degree has my fathers full name which has also been pointed out by WES on the first page of my ECA report. My questions are:

1. Do I need to choose Yes to use of other names? Personally I don’t see any harm in choosing Yes to be more clear on this discrepancy.

2. I have a same name affidavit which is notarized. Should this be included in the LOE section with an explanation or the same can be attached along with the degree/ECA in the educational section.

Thanks!
  1. yes
  2. attach affidavit with degree/ECA and explain in the LoE. am assuming the affidavit explicitly clarifies your above situation
  3. all the best !

Reactions: Shahanastar

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
you may also want to mention in the LoE that you have chosen 'Yes to use of other names' because of the degree name issue.
Thanks that’s exactly what I’m drafting right now :).

One follow up question, is it advisable to use all capital letters while filling forms?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
  1. yes
  2. attach affidavit with degree/ECA and explain in the LoE. am assuming the affidavit explicitly clarifies your above situation
  3. all the best !
Choosing Yes has triggered a Legal name change document in the attachment list.
Technically I haven’t changed my name so what should I attach here? The affidavit stating name on degree belongs to me would be enough?