+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use of AVR for Soft Landing

abhishek06

Mar 1, 2020
I am aware that soft landing is not allowed officially but reading posts on this forum suggest that it is worth a try. So I got an email from IRCC regarding extending my
COPR. They have given me a March 2021 deadline to land and complete all the formalities.

I am currently in the US on an intial H1B. My F1 visa has expired and I haven't stamped my H1B since I got it this year. My question is: Can I enter Canada using the land border, complete the formalities, and return back to the US the same day using AVR??

Also, apart from the legal visa documents do I need any other documents I need to travel with? Can someone with a similar experience share their thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: akl2312

akl2312

Dec 19, 2020
Same situation as you. Would like to know of some recent experiences after the new lockdown restrictions in Ontario before trying the AVR route.

akl2312

Dec 19, 2020
Let me know if you hear anything/
sure thing, but there has not been any new experiences in the forum on this yet after the new lockdown restrictions announced in Ontario. Based on some other posts, looks like they might ask for 14 days quarantine but I am not sure if we can return to US without any problems after that using the AVR route.

abhishek06

Mar 1, 2020
sure thing, but there has not been any new experiences in the forum on this yet after the new lockdown restrictions announced in Ontario. Based on some other posts, looks like they might ask for 14 days quarantine but I am not sure if we can return to US without any problems after that using the AVR route.
Does the quarantine rule apply to other provinces as well?