23-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
Friends,

I am in process of applying for Immigration to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I want to know if apply using a representative is preferred instead of applying on my own ? If there is no preference given to applications through an Agent, can we hire an agency after landing in Canada for the services like helping in searching for a job, Settling down etc. ? Or is it that these service charges would be higher when taken at that stage instead of taken as a lumpsum package in the initial application stage ?

Please advise.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Applications aren't given any different priority if they're filed by a representative.

I'm sure you can get free help finding a job and getting help settling down after you land. You don't need to pay anyone for that.

bablu

May 23, 2007
thaiguy said:
Applications aren't given any different priority if they're filed by a representative.

I'm sure you can get free help finding a job and getting help settling down after you land. You don't need to pay anyone for that.

If application filed by a representative does not a make difference in any aspect - then why do people retain a representative and how the representative justify its services

Bablu

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
bablu said:
thaiguy said:

If application filed by a representative does not a make difference in any aspect - then why do people retain a representative and how the representative justify its services

Bablu
Hi there

I would like to respond this post.

The value added of hiring a representative is the following:
1 you do not stress yourself on the filling documents
2 you do not have to be aware for mails or faxes incoming about your immigration stuff, the representative does this for you
3 using a representative decrease the chance of delaying because of back and forward failed documents (some of them just because a missing NA on any format...etc)

On the other hand, applying by you, will be cheaper since the cost of representatives may vary from 1500 to 2000 USD

Bottom line, the final decision always be yours

Good luck.
Eduardo

PD. I did use a very professional representative and I am already in Canada

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
Its all a matter of common sense and having enough time for thoroughly reading the documents. We didnt make use of a consultant. It saved us a lot of money. Also, as far as searching for a job...well..thats something you can do by yourself. There are enough organisations in Canada to help you with this. And it wont cost you a dime. These are things that you should be able to do by yourself. But thats my opinion. I guess all I am trying to say is that Just like no consutant garantee your file being approved nor can they garantee you a job once landed. Furthermore, i would suggest to make sure that you have access to the Internet. We are in Vancouver living our lives that we dreamed off.

Gerrit

ROMANIAUSA

Aug 25, 2007
eduardo congrats could you share more adress of professional representative
usavalentino@yahoo.com
thank you

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
ROMANIAUSA said:
eduardo congrats could you share more adress of professional representative
usavalentino@yahoo.com
thank you
Thanks!!

I used David Cohen services, from Canadavisa.com, I am so satisfied with his professionalism, so If you can afford a representative I could say David Cohen is a good choice

Good luck
Eduardo