+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use of a representative form if passport submitted and collected by friend

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
I had been requested to submit my passport for RPRF at LA.
However I am in india and i am planning to send my passport through a friend and submit it at LA consulate.

I am planning to write up an authorization letter for the friend to take and submit/collect my passport.
Do I need to also give a Use of a representative form? Because my friend is in US and not necessarily have to be a rep of my application... he is there to collect my passport in US on my behalf.. When i post the passport with a return envelope to my friend's address - will that do?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

orgheart said:
I had been requested to submit my passport for RPRF at LA.
However I am in india and i am planning to send my passport through a friend and submit it at LA consulate.

I am planning to write up an authorization letter for the friend to take and submit/collect my passport.
Do I need to also give a Use of a representative form? Because my friend is in US and not necessarily have to be a rep of my application... he is there to collect my passport in US on my behalf.. When i post the passport with a return envelope to my friend's address - will that do?
Nope, just a letter stating that I authorization so and so with his bio data to deliver the passports of you and your dependents to the US office and to pick up the passport when the COPR is issued.