+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

use CSQ (Skilled Worker) for Permanent Residency application (Family)?

satvheck

Jan 12, 2017
Hi,

I just received my CSQ in the "Skilled Worker" class (I already live and work in Quebec as temporary worker). I have been planning to submit the Permanent Residency application in the selected worker class (which would be the conventional way), but now I am wondering if a (better?) alternative would be to submit an application under the SCLPC (Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada) class. The advantage seems to be that I would be able to apply for an open work permit in the meantime, instead of having to extend my current permit and needing to stay at my current job for another year (or more).

After a lot of digging through Canada's and Quebec's immigration websites, I figured out I would need a CSQ either way, although this time one in the "Family class".
Obviously my question is: could I use my "Skilled Worker" CSQ for a Permanent Residence under the SCLPC class application?

And while we're at it, are there any flaws in this logic or things I did not understand correctly?

I'd really appreciate some insight in this matter.

Kind regards

drvijayreddepaka

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
code.130 (3112,omnipraticienes et médecins en médecine familiale)
satvheck said:
Hi,

I just received my CSQ in the "Skilled Worker" class (I already live and work in Quebec as temporary worker). I have been planning to submit the Permanent Residency application in the selected worker class (which would be the conventional way), but now I am wondering if a (better?) alternative would be to submit an application under the SCLPC (Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada) class. The advantage seems to be that I would be able to apply for an open work permit in the meantime, instead of having to extend my current permit and needing to stay at my current job for another year (or more).

After a lot of digging through Canada's and Quebec's immigration websites, I figured out I would need a CSQ either way, although this time one in the "Family class".
Obviously my question is: could I use my "Skilled Worker" CSQ for a Permanent Residence under the SCLPC class application?

And while we're at it, are there any flaws in this logic or things I did not understand correctly?

I'd really appreciate some insight in this matter.

Kind regards
you can apply both in Canada experience class and regular Skilled worker class.

but you can choose only one, not both, immigration do not allow two applications.