+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use American employment for super visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately not because you won't meet the income requirement if you just arrived in Canada and haven't established yourself or filed a Canadian tax return. You could see if your mother gets a TRV. She needs to be able to finance her own trip and still have savings as well as show strong ties to her home country and a previous travel history. Assume she is not from a visa-exempt country. Just warning you the daycare rates can be brutal in Canada. All depends on where you are settling.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
You'll need to sponsor your 2nd child to become PR in Canada if your 2nd child is born in US (I assume your 1st child is included in your PR application and you'll do the soft landing together)

And yes, when applying for any visa (super visa/visitor visa) please do avoid indicating that she will be helping you. She can come to "meet her new grandchild", "enjoy quality time with you and your children", "do some sightseeing and visit various tourist attractions" but never "help you with your children" as it was already mentioned here helping =working.

sarah2018

Sep 1, 2018
You'll need to sponsor your 2nd child to become PR in Canada if your 2nd child is born in US (I assume your 1st child is included in your PR application and you'll do the soft landing together)

And yes, when applying for any visa (super visa/visitor visa) please do avoid indicating that she will be helping you. She can come to "meet her new grandchild", "enjoy quality time with you and your children", "do some sightseeing and visit various tourist attractions" but never "help you with your children" as it was already mentioned here helping =working.
Yes my 1st child will be landing with me and I will plan on sponsoring the 2nd.

Thanks so much for that suggestion on purpose for visit. Please can anyone else chime in, I’m I able to file for a super visa for my mom once I have Canadian employment or do I have to wait for tax returns like Canuck78 said? I thought that was more for PR sponsorship

sarah2018

Sep 1, 2018
Super visa requirements are here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Notice of Assesment is mentioned is one of the documents you can use to prove that you meet income requirements.

It looks like a letter from the employer and paystubs can be used as well .
Thanks, that’s what I thought too. I thought the tax doc was more of an OR option rather than an AND. It helps to hear other people’s personal experience though. Thanks everyone, crossing my fingers on everything, I’ll let you know outcomes next year. Any other advise is very much appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks so much for that suggestion on purpose for visit. Please can anyone else chime in, I’m I able to file for a super visa for my mom once I have Canadian employment or do I have to wait for tax returns like Canuck78 said? I thought that was more for PR sponsorship
Based on previous cases they really want NOA. If you have just arrived you have only started making money in Canada. The issue is also that a supervisa is still a visitor visa. Many would choose to bring their parts right away on a supervisa which is really living with the family vs visiting. Many new immigrants were living with parents in other countries before moving to Canada. You can try and may get lucky but make sure you have a plan B.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Note that to sponsor your 2nd child, you must be residing in Canada. You don't have the luxury of sponsoring from the USA. Think about the logistics of this before rushing forward with your plans.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since the baby will be a US citizen it can cross the border and remain in Canada during sponsorship but will have to pay for emergency health insurance until the child receives PR.

Given that you will have 2 young children in daycare I hope you are anticipating the higher cost of living in many Canadian cities compared to the US and on average lower salaries.

sarah2018

Sep 1, 2018
Since the baby will be a US citizen it can cross the border and remain in Canada during sponsorship but will have to pay for emergency health insurance until the child receives PR.

Given that you will have 2 young children in daycare I hope you are anticipating the higher cost of living in many Canadian cities compared to the US and on average lower salaries.
I’m seeing that after doing additional research. Starting to wonder why anyone would leave US? I was looking at the GTA area, outskirts of Toronto etc. I prefer smaller towns, any suggestions would be great. When I looked at rent and cost of daycare I did almost fall out of my chair. I’ve looked at buying a small condo or townhouse but discovered the disadvantage of getting a mortgage using my US credit.

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I’m seeing that after doing additional research. Starting to wonder why anyone would leave US? I was looking at the GTA area, outskirts of Toronto etc. I prefer smaller towns, any suggestions would be great. When I looked at rent and cost of daycare I did almost fall out of my chair. I’ve looked at buying a small condo or townhouse but discovered the disadvantage of getting a mortgage using my US credit.
Out of curiosity, why didn't you research those things before applying for PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are planning to leave at the most expensive time in a parent's life, especially a single parent who won't have mat leave and will have to pay the high cost of daycare for a newborn. The small towns around the GTA are still expensive and you have to consider pick-up times for your children. Not sure why you are moving to Canada and what kind of research you have done but Canada is not a perfect country.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Wonder why people leave the US ?
Maybe because the way people think , treat each other here .I don’t mind paying higher taxes because it’s for the collective good of the population, versus just thinking about me alone . Not having to worry that god forbid if I get stricken by a disease like cancer the potential for bankruptcy is FAR FAR lower than if I lived in the USA.
Then I look at Gunmemorial.org, and that pretty well speaks for itself
As mentioned earlier , Canada is not perfect , researching ,applying , settling is all a choice .

Last edited: