+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA VISA

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi. I am presently studying in Toronto. I want to see if I could acquire US visa before my Canadian visa expires. I have no idea on how to go about that. What I need is how to apply starting from the website. I don't know the US website in Toronto. I also need the requirements. My brother will invite me. I presently have $1500 in my account. Will Christmas period be the best time to apply?. Thanks

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
Hi,
you can apply for US visa at US Embassy in toronto..Just fill out online form DS160 and submit it online along with some nonrefundable fee.
I got my US visa when i was in germany for short period.My elder brother was on H1B visa in the USA and he invited me to visit him.. I got B1 visa for six months..you can get it I am sure..you need to show the evidence that you are legally admitted in canada just attach the copy of your TRV visa or Study permit...thats it..here you go..if still have concern let me know...

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
My brother is a citizen of US. Please, what documents should I request from him? Is there any other document apart from my TRV or study permit I should submit? Thanks.

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
Yes there are some documents you should submit along with your application.
Ask your brother to send these documents to you

1.Sponsor letter describing that he is going to sponsor your trip and bears all expenses.(in this case you dont need to show proof of fund) Only your brother who is a US citizen will show funds in his account.

2. A letter from bank (that he has enough cash USD in his account)

3.his Passport copy

4.A letter from his employer where he works (Good to have this letter but not mandatory)

that`s all buddy..keep in mind while filling out application online(DS 160) or other form for taking an appointment at US embassy,you should mentioned that you will stay there in the US only one month or two weeks. in this case you will get B1 visa for six month initially and if you want to go again in the US after your visa expires then you will have to apply again and you will get B1 visa again which will be valid for ten years...I got the same when I did apply again..let me know if you still have any concerns. hope it helps..

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
and One more thing..you can apply anytime in a year but if you are planning to go on chrismas or new year that makes more sense..

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
you can apply now..all you have to do is visit the website of us embassy and fix an appointment and schedule an interview with an officer at US embassy in the first week of december or let say in seceond week I mean before chrismas right..and meanwhile you can ask your brother to prepare all documents and send them to you..once you received all documents only then schedule an interview..As far as occasion is concerned, It could be any occasion such as chrismas or new year, birthday pary, any party which is going to held in the US and most importantly your brother involves into it somehow. even you can go to US if there is no occasion at all..just mention during the interview that you want to see your brother..that all..this was what I replied when i was asked why do you want to go US by visa officer..
I would advise you to take an appointment in December if you plan to visit your brother on chrismas or new year...

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
Hi guys ..I have read the above conversation of you regarding US visa.I hv got an additional question, only the blood relations sis/bro can ask for this visa ?who else can sponcer ?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammytwig1234 said:
Hi guys ..I have read the above conversation of you regarding US visa.I hv got an additional question, only the blood relations sis/bro can ask for this visa ?who else can sponcer ?
Anyone can apply for visa for leisure purposes, of course you need to have supporting documents.

Like in the above case, and @ Sammy, you should also read it once. Mostly international students (specifically from Asia), ideally as in matter of fact they apply after at least a semester attaching transcript and confirmation of enrollment for the next semester (proof of fee being paid for next semester) and some cash in bank at least 2k CAD which shows their ties to Canada as International student. I won't suggest to apply right away as you just spent 1 month here. Now this is my opinion based on people who applied from Canada. Lets see what others say on it.

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi. I intend to apply now against December. The thing is that my brother and sisters are residing in US and they are all citizens. My mum is presently there on holiday. She too is a green card holder. My brother has also applied for my green card immigrant visa but I don't have visa interview number yet. I don't know if thats a problem. But I have paid my tuition fee in full. And I still have my UK valid visa.
I also have about $2000 in my account. Can I succeed please?
Again, is at the time of applying online that I upload my documents or is it at the embassy.
Thanks

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh then it's fine I guess as u have ur immediate relatives ... Good to go I think