+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Visa: Using my refugee travel document

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hi, there is no harm to apply US visa with RTD, many ppl got visa even they came Canada same way like you.

good luck

Roy
I thought “zulubia” mentioned about abusing US visa and cross illegal to Canada. I want to believe, abused means overstay.. if that is the case then they will raise this during interview

Reactions: Zulubia

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, when I was in the US with a visitor visa in 2019, I crossed the illegal border to Canada to seek asylum. My refugee claim was accepted and now I have a refugee travel document. I really want to visit my friends in the US again but I am scared to apply for visa since I abused my first visa and left the country illegally.
I was wondering if there is anyone with the same experience as mine and applied for visa?
Hi please I was requested to get my finger print done by FBI and also federal police in Canada, and I already get the results of FBI am waiting to get the one from Canada police and I have 27th of April 2021 to submit it. My question is do Canada police submit it direct to the immigration or do they send it to me then I submit it to immigration?

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
I thought “zulubia” mentioned about abusing US visa and cross illegal to Canada. I want to believe, abused means overstay.. if that is the case then they will raise this during interview
By "abuse" I meant leaving the country illegally. My visa was valid for 1 year but I only spent 14 days in the US.

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
Hi please I was requested to get my finger print done by FBI and also federal police in Canada, and I already get the results of FBI am waiting to get the one from Canada police and I have 27th of April 2021 to submit it. My question is do Canada police submit it direct to the immigration or do they send it to me then I submit it to immigration?
Can you please provide more details about your situation?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Anyone have updated information about U.S. visa on RTD .

I have applied for PR after getting confirmation as protected person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry I think my comment is misleading .let me explain

I have applied for Canadian pr as protected person and now I wana get us visa on RTD .
Yes whether you get a us visa will depend on your individual application. Things like being employed, amount of savings, previous travel, whether you travel through the US to claim asylum in Canada, etc.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Yes whether you get a us visa will depend on your individual application. Things like being employed, amount of savings, previous travel, whether you travel through the US to claim asylum in Canada, etc.
I had 5 years of us visa on my own home country passport which is ceased by Canadian immigration and visa is also expired ..

nope I came canada on visit visa and then submitted asylum ..
For financial status I have some 10/15 k $ in my account..
And I have job sad a truck driver ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had 5 years of us visa on my own home country passport which is ceased by Canadian immigration and visa is also expired ..

nope I came canada on visit visa and then submitted asylum ..
For financial status I have some 10/15 k $ in my account..
And I have job sad a truck driver ..
It is up to the US government not me to decide whether you get a visa but if you have longterm employment and a bit of savings you have a good chance.

Reactions: Norijal