+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA visa rejected ; would it affect my PR application?

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Dear Experts,

I received an Invitation to apply for PR from the CIC. I am really concerned about one point in the application.

I had applied for USA visa to visit my relatives, just before I was coming to Canada for further studies. The officer rejected it on grounds that I did not have sufficient ties to my home country and that I was already moving out of my home country to Canada.

Now in the PR application there's a question asking if I had my visa rejected for any country. I have to write a "Yes".

So, will I get a rejection for PR since my visa was denied to USA?
Can I do anything to explain why they rejected my USA visa?

I am very concerned and just dont want to get a rejection because of this. Request your opinion on this please.
Would really appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks,
Immi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - your immigration visa won't be refused because of the US visa rejection. The only reason why your immigration visa could be refused is if you lie in your PR application and don't mention that you've been refused. As long as you are honest - you'll be fine.

Reactions: shaizeik

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
US visa rejection should not have any impact on your PR application for Canada & also you cannot hide this information while filing for PR application as they will come to know about this at a later date and which will in-turn have negative impact on your application.

But I would recommend if there is any comments section where in you can specify the reason of your visit

immi12345 said:
Dear Experts,

I received an Invitation to apply for PR from the CIC. I am really concerned about one point in the application.

I had applied for USA visa to visit my relatives, just before I was coming to Canada for further studies. The officer rejected it on grounds that I did not have sufficient ties to my home country and that I was already moving out of my home country to Canada.

Now in the PR application there's a question asking if I had my visa rejected for any country. I have to write a "Yes".

I am very concerned and just dont want to get a rejection because of this. Request your opinion on this please.

Thanks,
Immi

rodroye

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2014
Nomination.....
03/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
04/05/2015 **** 3rd line update 12/05/2015
Interview........
26/03/2015
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 ****** DM 21/07/2015
LANDED..........
11/09/2015
immi12345 said:
Dear Experts,

Thanks,
Immi
I would recommend you to clearly mention that you were rejected US visa and the reasons why. This will not affect your application at all. If you lie than it would have complications.
Personally I was rejected Canada TRV twice and I mentioned it I my PR application. I successfully passed. During my landing I was again asked, if I was refused entry in Canada . I told the officer yes I was rejected a TRV twice. Guess what he thanked me for being honest.

So don't worry be honest in your approach.

Prince.Karim

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014 (though sent on 29-09-2014)
Doc's Request.
26-8-2015 (submitted on 11-09-2015)
IELTS Request
submitted alongwith application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
Soon!
Med's Done....
Soon!
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Be honest, it won't affect your case. Goodluck!

immi12345 said:
Dear Experts,

Thanks,
Immi

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
While I was completing the Schedule A at the initial stage ( application stage), I honestly forgot to indicate that my spouse had a US visa refusal. Though, she reapplied after about a year and was granted two years visa.

Recently, I got request for Medical, hospital birth certificates and immization cards for my kids, payment of the permanent residence fees and updated Schedule A form. While completing the updated Schedule A form, I indictated the US visa refusal, stating that the reason for refusal was on generic ground, but reapplied and was issued a two years visa. I also sent along with the Schedule A form a letter stating the initial omission and that it was not deliberate.

I hope with this, our application will not be delayed or rejected.

Hope to hear from these online consultants.

NOTE: I am using a consultant for my application.

wtym

May 13, 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 December 2014
Doc's Request.
30 March 2015
Nomination.....
09 March 2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with Application
File Transfer...
05 March 2015
Med's Request
20 August 2015
Med's Done....
08 September 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 September 2015
LANDED..........
Summer 2016
KINGSLEY JOHN said:
While I was completing the Schedule A at the initial stage ( application stage), I honestly forgot to indicate that my spouse had a US visa refusal. Though, she reapplied after about a year and was granted two years visa.

Recently, I got request for Medical, hospital birth certificates and immization cards for my kids, payment of the permanent residence fees and updated Schedule A form. While completing the updated Schedule A form, I indictated the US visa refusal, stating that the reason for refusal was on generic ground, but reapplied and was issued a two years visa. I also sent along with the Schedule A form a letter stating the initial omission and that it was not deliberate.

So many in this forum already got their visas now with the same situation as yours back then, in the end they corrected their mistakes and told it was not intentional. So just relax, you will be fine. :)

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
wtym said:
So many in this forum already got their visas now with the same situation as yours back then, in the end they corrected their mistakes and told it was not intentional. So just relax, you will be fine. :)
Thanks for the message. I am now relaxed.

God's child

Aug 26, 2019

I made the same mistake too and informed them on the web form right away.... I'm awaiting to know what next to do.... But what becomes the outcome of your situation?