+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa tourist visa chances

newzonelife

Oct 12, 2016
Hello

I am a permanent resident of canada for past 3.5 years. Already applied for citizenship in Septemeber, 2019.
I applied for tourist visa twice from india and once from Canada. It was rejected each time. I am a doctor, so I was planning to take step 2cs in usa, which is conducted only in usa. I already took step 1 and step 2 ck. (Now busy with canadian medical exams). Last rejection was in January, 2017.
I am a master student and working full time at a call center in canada for past 2.5 years. Married, but i live in different city because of my studies.spouse is a Canadian citizen.

I am planning to visit usa for celebrating my friends b'day. Should I apply again for tourist visa? Or better to wait till I get Canadian passport.

What are my chances for visa this time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

I am a permanent resident of canada for past 3.5 years. Already applied for citizenship in Septemeber, 2019.
I applied for tourist visa twice from india and once from Canada. It was rejected each time. I am a doctor, so I was planning to take step 2cs in usa, which is conducted only in usa. I already took step 1 and step 2 ck. (Now busy with canadian medical exams). Last rejection was in January, 2017.
I am a master student and working full time at a call center in canada for past 2.5 years. Married, but i live in different city because of my studies.spouse is a Canadian citizen.

I am planning to visit usa for celebrating my friends b'day. Should I apply again for tourist visa? Or better to wait till I get Canadian passport.

Nobody can tell you whether the US will approve you. If you can now prove savings, a job, home, etc. your chances will be better.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello

With your history of denials, the first question they will ask is 'what changed since last time'. If you have a solid answer for that question, they may approve you. But my recommendation is to wait for Canadian citizenship.