+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA to Canada through Land Border using 5 year old signed COPR

arghyadip

Jun 13, 2018
My PR card expired and I have already submitted for renewal. Due to some urgent work need I need to travel to Seattle from Vancouver in a week. I have a signed COPR from 5years back when I became a PR.

I have been reading over the internet and trying to find out if land border crossing into Canada with old COPR, my passport would be enough.

I tried to apply for an urgent PR but the website categorically mentions that IRCC cant process urgen PR in a week.

Please advice.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My PR card expired and I have already submitted for renewal. Due to some urgent work need I need to travel to Seattle from Vancouver in a week. I have a signed COPR from 5years back when I became a PR.

I have been reading over the internet and trying to find out if land border crossing into Canada with old COPR, my passport would be enough.

I tried to apply for an urgent PR but the website categorically mentions that IRCC cant process urgen PR in a week.

Please advice.
Your expired PR card (even a photocopy of it) would be better, but the signed COPR should suffice as well.

The main question is: are you in compliance with the RO or not? If you are, either of the above should work. Not surprisingly, CBSA tend to prefer documents with photos as ID, but that might only be a difference in how long they take to identify you at secondary etc.