+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA to Canada through Land Border using 5 year old signed COPR

arghyadip

Jun 13, 2018
My PR card expired and I have already submitted for renewal. Due to some urgent work need I need to travel to Seattle from Vancouver in a week. I have a signed COPR from 5years back when I became a PR.

I have been reading over the internet and trying to find out if land border crossing into Canada with old COPR, my passport would be enough.

I tried to apply for an urgent PR but the website categorically mentions that IRCC cant process urgen PR in a week.

Please advice.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My PR card expired and I have already submitted for renewal. Due to some urgent work need I need to travel to Seattle from Vancouver in a week. I have a signed COPR from 5years back when I became a PR.

I have been reading over the internet and trying to find out if land border crossing into Canada with old COPR, my passport would be enough.

I tried to apply for an urgent PR but the website categorically mentions that IRCC cant process urgen PR in a week.

Please advice.
One of the experience shared - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/driving-to-the-us-with-expired-pr-card.790754/post-10587965

You can read the whole thread.