+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA to Canada License conversion

Prashant_ved

Jul 12, 2018
Hi

I have USA-MA license from since Oct 2016 and prior to that CT license from April 2014-Oct - 2016. I was able to pull the driving history of my MA license but its not completely 2 years so requested CT driving history via mail which will take around 2-3 weeks to get it. I have the printout of the CT license tho.

Now the question is when I go to DriveTest now based on my MA driving history will they be able to convert the Canadian full G license (since its not completely 2yrs) or do I need to wait until I get the CT driving history?

Thansks

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You can get the full license but you will have to do a road test, or you can wait to get CT history in which case the road test will be waived and you will only have to do an eye test.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes but the problem is getting insurance from Canadian carrier is not possible on US license so have to convert it.
I know a colleague who moved from US last yr had a US driving license and Statefarm Canada offered him the insurance.
after few months of driving he converted his US DL to the CA DL(Ontario).

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
The insurance companies can always provide you with a quotation if you are eligible to drive, regardless of what type of license you have. If you see that a particular insurance company is not offering you coverage on your US license, then this is their own policy they might have deemed your risk profile to be high but it doesn't mean that you can't get insurance somewhere else. You can try getting other quotations from different providers.