+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA to CANADA by ROAD

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
hi ALL

can any one guide me i am confused on traveling with personal car still on Loan (finance with BANK)
can i travel with this car i dont want to import as its my short term visit for landing and to apply PR card.

i am already going to ADD this car in my " good follow list" for future import.

so what to tell officer if we say will apply PR card and go back to USA then will they allow me to apply PR CARD

guide me if any info i searching on this since one month but didnt get proper answer..

Thanks in advance

smartcanuck

Sep 29, 2009
It seems that your application for Canadian permanent residence is approved and now you have to enter Canada from USA by road to complete the immigration process.

When you are landing in Canada, you are expected to stay in Canada and not just land, apply for PR card and leave. Your purpose of visit is to land and immigrate to Canada.

You can use a rental car to enter Canada by road so you don't have any issues of "import of Car to Canada".

My suggestion is that you rent a Car and enter Canada. Once in Canada you need to apply for PR Card with valid Canadian address. Later you can leave for USA.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
i am planning to visit in summer by car.

which bridge is better ? i am planning to stay 2 days after crossing border will it ok?

also can u guide which form i can download and fill for PR CARD so i can give it to border officer to process fast

guide me

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why cross a bridge when you have other options such as Courtts and Peace arch?

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
i dint get your point can u guide me more ..

i am going to cross border to complete first time landing and apply PR CARD...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ckshah1498 said:
i dint get your point can u guide me more ..

i am going to cross border to complete first time landing and apply PR CARD...
There are no bridges at Courtts on the Montana/Alberta border. Many people cross that border to complete first time landing and you don't re apply PR card there.