+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA PCC for Citizenship application

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, I am preparing for my Citizenship application which I intend to file in Feb 2021 and am not sure if I would require a new clearance certificate from FBI. Below is my timeline:

Landed - September 2015
Final move to Canada - January 2018.
Eligible to apply for Citizenship - February 2021.

As per the instructions if I have spent more than 183 days in one country in last 4 years, I need a clearance certificate from that country. I was in the USA in 2017, so I did spend more than 183 in USA in last 4 years. However, it was mentioned that if my country of origin is the same before PR, then i don't need one. I lived in USA before PR as well as after landing until I moved to Canada? Can someone with prior experience on this situation please suggest if I would need a new PCC. If yes, what is the best way to get a new FBI clearance from Canada?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi, I am preparing for my Citizenship application which I intend to file in Feb 2021 and am not sure if I would require a new clearance certificate from FBI. Below is my timeline:

Landed - September 2015
Final move to Canada - January 2018.
Eligible to apply for Citizenship - February 2021.

As per the instructions if I have spent more than 183 days in one country in last 4 years, I need a clearance certificate from that country. I was in the USA in 2017, so I did spend more than 183 in USA in last 4 years. However, it was mentioned that if my country of origin is the same before PR, then i don't need one. I lived in USA before PR as well as after landing until I moved to Canada? Can someone with prior experience on this situation please suggest if I would need a new PCC. If yes, what is the best way to get a new FBI clearance from Canada?
Yes you dont need pcc from US.
I sent my file with pcc of US as i have more travel but i sent my wife's application without pcc(mentioning the exemption) and we all received acknowledgement. So if they ask later then we can provide it as nowadays its fast.

So its up to you if you want to send one to avoid delays latter if in case if the officer wanted one.

Refer to the site for and choose option1 https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks. Nowadays you would get email copy in few days of fingerprints received by fbi hence its not taking months like before. Also you can get the copy mailed to Canada too if you need printed copy but soft copy and printed one from them looks same.

Feb 23, 2018
Hello, I know this an old post...but just verifying - you didn't have to give the FBI clearance certificate again correct? I'm in the same boat and wondering if I have to again request a fbi clearance