+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US VS. Canadian Visa?

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
Hey, The Mexican girl I'm currently talking to has already gotten her US visa, and she got it without out the need of any invitation or any worry at all. I thought this was because her dad helped her and or pulled some strings, But she just told me this wasn't the case. All she did was go down to the embassy with some of her parents documents that stat her father's job and such, and that was it. Now with the recent info I've received, obtaining a Canadian visa is not nearly as easy? Is this accurate? or should she be able to obtain a Canadian visa the same way as she did her US?

thx

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i went to the states last august to visit a friend and all i did was tell them where i was staying and for how long the visit was plus the piece of paper you fill out when entering a country they are more bothered about that you are who you are than what you up to when there then i came to canada to visit my girlfriend ( called her my friend for IO ) for first time and i wasnt expecting the difference in how they asked questions and wanted to know EVERYTHING and write it all down so they have it on file but that should help for the next visit as i didnt have a letter of invitation they had too ring her to ask her if she knew and it was ok that i was visiting her ( iam from uk so visa exempt ) but still wasnt easy

westy

avan77

Feb 11, 2011
germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2011
Sorry. I totally disagree. I have tried for 10 years to get somehow into the US (from Germany) and its the most hard from the entire world to get into. I have talked with tons of peole and lawyers and its not possible unless you have a science job. It always needs to be prooven that they dont find an American doing your job, they even have to put an Add for some time into the newspaper. Since 09.11 its even more difficult and you cannot get a Visa if you have parents or relatives there anymore. compared to this its extreemly easy to get into Canada. The NOC list Canada has, the US hasnt got. But Australia and New Zealand have one. Also the point-system doesnt exist in the US but for the other countries.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
first off he was asking about a visa ( for a visit ) not PR or them stopping in the country with a work permit or study permit
plus in Canada you can only get a job if the company cant find a Canada that want it and it been advertised for a few weeks also
are you in a relationship and is this person a german or different nationality that moved there and who have they got there passport with ?
i cant see why they arent allowed into the US to visit but all you are talking about is for them to stay there ( thats the problem as you turn a visit into a stay if allowed )
true i dont know how US system works but i no a few that have moved there and more that go there every year to visit and iam sure loads more do everyday

if anyone else would like to comment if iam right or is US harder ?

westy