+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa

curious_toad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hey guys, need your opinion - My friend was studying in US on F1 (student visa) till she graduated but she did not leave before the end of grace period instead she left a whole year later - meaning she overstayed her visa (F1). Is it still possible for her to apply for a US B2 (visitor visa) and be granted one? She is planning to visit US again as a visitor because one of her college friend is getting married and she really wants to attend the wedding.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, need your opinion - My friend was studying in US on F1 (student visa) till she graduated but she did not leave before the end of grace period instead she left a whole year later - meaning she overstayed her visa (F1). Is it still possible for her to apply for a US B2 (visitor visa) and be granted one? She is planning to visit US again as a visitor because one of her college friend is getting married and she really wants to attend the wedding.
If the details you've provided are accurate, she is banned from the US for 10 years as a result of her overstay. She should forget about returning to the US until 10 years have passed since she left. A B2 will not be approved.

curious_toad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
This is not an appropriate forum for this question. Post in US based forums like trackitt.
Will do, Thanks.

If the details you've provided are accurate, she is banned from the US for 10 years as a result of her overstay. She should forget about returning to the US until 10 years have passed since she left. A B2 will not be approved.
Although she overstayed but she was never given a court order or the equivalent to leave US, she left voluntarily. I told her something similar to your comment however she was just keeping her options open for any possibilities as she really wants to be there for her friend.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Will do, Thanks.

Although she overstayed but she was never given a court order or the equivalent to leave US, she left voluntarily. I told her something similar to your comment however she was just keeping her options open for any possibilities as she really wants to be there for her friend.
US has exit records. If she attempts to enter, she would be sent back by CBP and would be flagged with charges of overstay. If she feels she has nothing to lose with that, she could try her luck. But it is highly unlikely that she escapes them.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
This is about people who are inside US. If someone leaves US, it does get recorded during airline check-in. One can pull their own travel history with all entry and exit stamps from cbp website using passport number. So when she attempts to reenter, they can easily see when she entered and left last time.. the whole duration of her stay. They also will be able to see when her i94 ended too.

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
This is about people who are inside US. If someone leaves US, it does get recorded. So when she attempts to reenter, they can easily see when she entered and left last time.. the whole duration of her stay. They also will be able to see when her i94 ended too.
How is it recorded? Where is it recorded?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
How is it recorded? Where is it recorded?
It is recorded when one gives their passport for return flight check-in. Airlines automatically sends the data to cbp real time. You can pull your travel history from cbp website as early as next day of your departure giving the passport number, first name, last name and dob.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
It is recorded when one gives their passport for return flight check-in. Airlines automatically sends the data to cbp real time. You can pull your travel history from cbp website as early as next day of your departure giving the passport number, first name, last name and dob.
Checking in does not mean anything, maybe boarding would. Otherwise, I can just checkin and then leave the airport and happily overstay my visa because I left US by checkin, so no one knows I am still in US because I did not actually board the plane.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Checking in does not mean anything, maybe boarding would. Otherwise, I can just checkin and then leave the airport and happily overstay my visa because I left US by checkin, so no one knows I am still in US because I did not actually board the plane.
Yeah, I meant that but chose wrong words.. exit is tracked is the whole point.