+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us visa rules for Canadian pr

Gundip

Dec 3, 2018
Hello all.
I have recently got canadian PR along with my family two months back. Now I want to apply for us visitor visa. Every body is saying I have to spend at least 1 year in canada before I apply us visa.
Now there is one thing I need to tell. When I was in india, that time i was not a canadian PR , Me and my wife already had US visitor visa which we got from india. Then we have applied for our daughter US visa from india itself. US embassy called me and my wife along with our daughter for interview. Then visa officer rejected my 1 yr old baby visa application and also cancelled our visa without any reason.
What will be US visa success rate in this case
PLEASE HELP AND SUGGEST.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Your previous Visa cancellation is definitely going to affect your future application. You must establish a residence in Canad and prove that you have strong ties to Canada (such as having lived in Canada for some time, having a stable job etc.). There is no fixed duration that you need to spend in Canada, but the consular officer must be satisfied that you have established strong ties. So longer the better.

When you first applied for the Visa, did you have your daughter or was she born after your received the Visa? What type of questions did they ask the second time? It is not normal for Visa to be canceled this way. Was there any question of fraud or misrepresentation?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
General recommendation is to wait for 6 months before applying for US visa after moving to Canada but I have seen many people applying much before that and getting visa. Without your past US visa history I suggest that you wait for 6 months.