+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

us visa rejected and will it affect canadian visa?

NANAKRISH

Jun 9, 2017
hello!
My f1 visa for US has been rejected thrice.Will it affect my canadian visa? And should i mention about my rejection in canadian visa sop? If so, what are the reasons to give! suggestions please.And do i need to show a proof for one year study gap? suggestions please.
Thanks in Advance.

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
hello!
My f1 visa for US has been rejected thrice.Will it affect my canadian visa? And should i mention about my rejection in canadian visa sop? If so, what are the reasons to give! suggestions please.And do i need to show a proof for one year study gap? suggestions please.
Thanks in Advance.
It will affect but it doesn't mean result in rejection.

Of course, you should mention.

NANAKRISH

Jun 9, 2017
They did give u a reason. like 214 b or other reason. The paper they gave u in embassy indicates the reason in which you refused.
yes it was a 214b. But there was nothing specific. just general explanations saying it was a temorary denial.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yes it was a 214b. But there was nothing specific. just general explanations saying it was a temorary denial.
1. A simple google search would have given you the following result.

What does a visa denial under INA section 214(b) mean?

This law applies only to nonimmigrant visa categories. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), it means that you:

• Did not sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that you qualify for the nonimmigrant visa category you applied for; and/or
  • Did not overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, required by law, by sufficiently demonstrating that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay. (H-1B and L visa applicants, along with their spouse and any minor children, are excluded from this requirement.)
What are considered strong ties to my home country?

Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your home country. Strong ties vary from country to country, city to city, and person to person, but examples include:

• Your job;
  • Your home; and/or
  • Your relationships with family and friends.

Sakib1bd

Sep 3, 2017
Dear Experts.

I am in very much tensed situation, I need your expert opinion on below issue. Kindly help me.

My step father applied spouse visa for my mother 14 years ago and as a child he also applied for me. But at time of application time he mentioned my age 4 years lees than from my original date of birth. As a result my visa has been refused.

My question is should I mention this rejection at time of Canada PR application process?

canadian_student

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Dear Experts.

I am in very much tensed situation, I need your expert opinion on below issue. Kindly help me.

My step father applied spouse visa for my mother 14 years ago and as a child he also applied for me. But at time of application time he mentioned my age 4 years lees than from my original date of birth. As a result my visa has been refused.

My question is should I mention this rejection at time of Canada PR application process?
You can not hide anything from IRCC. So, better to explain everything truly and sincerely.

canadian_student

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
hello!
Thanks in Advance.
-mention it in form IMM1294 " US visa refused-see SOP for details" and provide all possible details in SOP.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Dear Experts.

Yes, you should mention it. The US and Canada share information. If you don't tell them about your US refusal, and if they find out (99%) you would get five years of ban.

jenikoko1

Nov 16, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-11-2021
Yes, you should mention it. The US and Canada share information. If you don't tell them about your US refusal, and if they find out (99%) you would get five years of ban.
But does the age difference in both application an issue?
I am in a similar situation. In 2003, an agent had helped me to do my application and there was a error in my date of birth, 1979 instead of 81. The agent asked me to use it like that and i stupidly did. I was rejected for reasons i cant even remember now. Changing the date to the correct date was hard but i did in 2017. Now in 2021, i am applying for PR and I'm losing sleep as to how it would affect my PR application in Canada.

Olamilekkzy

Oct 4, 2019
But does the age difference in both application an issue?
I am in a similar situation. In 2003, an agent had helped me to do my application and there was a error in my date of birth, 1979 instead of 81. The agent asked me to use it like that and i stupidly did. I was rejected for reasons i cant even remember now. Changing the date to the correct date was hard but i did in 2017. Now in 2021, i am applying for PR and I'm losing sleep as to how it would affect my PR application in Canada.
You need to tell them the truth about your age because they may ask you why the discrepancies in your age so you should be able to defend it,its better for you to get affidavit and also go to your national population office to get original birth certificate and prepare to convince tgem