+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visa Interview with COPR document

Pranjali1728

Jul 10, 2022
Hi All,

i have landed in Canada in April this year and have singed COPR document at entry with me. Still waiting on my physical PR card to be received.
i have applied for US visa B1/B2 and I have US visa interview soon , my question is

1. Can i show the singed COPR document instead of PR card as proof of my Canadian status in US visa interview.
2. Is there anyway i can check/track status of my PR card

Thanks in advance

Takita

May 12, 2021
Hi All,

i have landed in Canada in April this year and have singed COPR document at entry with me. Still waiting on my physical PR card to be received.
i have applied for US visa B1/B2 and I have US visa interview soon , my question is

1. Can i show the singed COPR document instead of PR card as proof of my Canadian status in US visa interview.

Thanks in advance
I'm in similar situation. appointment date scheduled in Sep end. currently on ICT work permit. anticipating ITA in the next draws. I've heard someone in work permit has obtained B1/B2 and doesn't necessarily PR as long as stay in Canada exceeds 6months to justify residence ties to Canada.

Reactions: Pranjali1728

Pranjali1728

Jul 10, 2022
I'm in similar situation. appointment date scheduled in Sep end. currently on ICT work permit. anticipating ITA in the next draws. I've heard someone in work permit has obtained B1/B2 and doesn't necessarily PR as long as stay in Canada exceeds 6months to justify residence ties to Canada.
My situation is bit diffrent here not on work permit but COPR document. Not sure if that is expected in US B1/B2 Visa interview or not.

sanK0101

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I got my B1/B2 visa while I was on work permit in Canada.
US and Canada are different country. Your status in Canada(unless citizen) doesn't have anything to do with US.
They didn't asked any copy of status in Canada(Say wp copy).

Takita

May 12, 2021
I got my B1/B2 visa while I was on work permit in Canada.
US and Canada are different country. Your status in Canada(unless citizen) doesn't have anything to do with US.
They didn't asked any copy of status in Canada(Say wp copy).
I'm in similar situation and have B1/B2 appointment on 9/28/22 in Toronto consulate.

I'm on ICT work permit moved from US to Canada.

H1B stamp valid until end of 2023.

I had my last H1B stamping appointment done at same Toronto consulate after I moved from US to Canada in Jul 2021.

just got ITA for PR.

Do you see any reason not to get B1/B2 visa???

TIA

sanK0101

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I'm in similar situation and have B1/B2 appointment on 9/28/22 in Toronto consulate.

I'm on ICT work permit moved from US to Canada.

H1B stamp valid until end of 2023.

I had my last H1B stamping appointment done at same Toronto consulate after I moved from US to Canada in Jul 2021.

just got ITA for PR.

Do you see any reason not to get B1/B2 visa???

TIA
While I cannot comment on legality between H1B and B1/B2 visa, you can be sure that your status in Canada has nothing to do with B1/B2.

Takita

May 12, 2021
While I cannot comment on legality between H1B and B1/B2 visa, you can be sure that your status in Canada has nothing to do with B1/B2.
I'm more worried on already having H1B stamp and appointment at same Toronto consulate and again attending B1/B2 contradict anything although I haven't used H1B after moved to Canada in Jul 2021 since working in Canada (transfer) and no longer have any employment ties to US anymore.

My second worry is what happens if it gets rejected and my chances to get B1/B2 after becoming PR in Canada after couple months.

Sep 1, 2022
Everything is well explained, in a fairly common language. Also happens when I need to write something for college, I use http://essaypapers.reviews/ for this. The best way for me to solve the problem is without applying force. So thank you.
so simillar

Last edited:

Takita

May 12, 2021
Got ITA, PR will be in progress when I go for appointment on 9/28. not yet decided whether to attend on 9/28 or reschedule to a later date once PR in hand.

please let me know what are you planning to do in your case.
decided to attend B1/B2 appointment on 9/28. fingers crossed, hoping for the best.

Reactions: CNP

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Iam in same situation COPR with no pr card . Let me know if you get any update

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Par rush

Sep 18, 2020
Similar situation !

Has anyone gone through the US B1/B2 Visitor Visa - Interview with only COPR (without PR card) ?
Do they ask for Physical PR card in order to obtain visitor visa or COPR is enough ?

Thanks,

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
decided to attend B1/B2 appointment on 9/28. fingers crossed, hoping for the best.
Lots of my friends on wp got b1/b2 so that’s not an issue . Good luck