+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visa interview in Toronto

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
My US Visa interview is in July but I have to go to my sister in laws wedding in May. Do you know if it's possible for me to get my interview moved to an earlier date?

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Yes.....if you find appointment open for earlier date, you can certainly do so.....you should not be changing your consular location....it should be same as your what you filled in your DS 160 form

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
I've looked on and off for the last 2 months and there are no openings and now I can only find openings in 2023

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Cannot help you there....may be they will open more slots or may be all slots are booked.... also if you are sure that you wont be able to attend in July, then maybe you should cancel the appointment.... As far as I know, No-show is not considered to be good and they may additionally question about that.... best of luck...

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
I've looked on and off for the last 2 months and there are no openings and now I can only find openings in 2023
I would say keep checking. I checked non stop for about a week and got a date two weeks out. You can also choose another consulate if you find that. I think they are now more flexible because of the pandemic. I chose another consulate but emailed them ahead of time. They said it was no problem. When I showed up for my interview, they took an extra 30 seconds to change my DS160 information to the current number. I don't know if the same rules apply to all locations. Email them to confirm.

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
I would say keep checking. I checked non stop for about a week and got a date two weeks out. You can also choose another consulate if you find that. I think they are now more flexible because of the pandemic. I chose another consulate but emailed them ahead of time. They said it was no problem. When I showed up for my interview, they took an extra 30 seconds to change my DS160 information to the current number. I don't know if the same rules apply to all locations. Email them to confirm.
Thanks I'll keep checking... How long did it take them to put the US visa on your passport and send it back to you?