+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa B1/B2 Questions.

Danii120

Nov 10, 2019
Hi all, got a question if anyone could help me out on it. I appreciate it.

I got my protected person status earlier I just applied for my pr. I know pr takes a year on Avg and US visa appointments take 1-2 years on avg too.
I was wondering, is it a rational idea to fill an application & pay fees for usa visa and get an appointment for the later year so that by the time I get my pr I have my usa visa appointment around the corner too?
Please advise. Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

I got my protected person status earlier I just applied for my pr. I know pr takes a year on Avg and US visa appointments take 1-2 years on avg too.
I was wondering, is it a rational idea to fill an application & pay fees for usa visa and get an appointment for the later year so that by the time I get my pr I have my usa visa appointment around the corner too?
Please advise. Thank you
I would wait until i have PR card.. there's no guarantee which one will come first.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Please advise. Thank you
Why do you want to wait for pr? You can get your visa with rtd.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
To file the u.s. visa application it would be form ds-160 correct?
Yes, you need to fill Ds-160 form and apply by paying fees and booking an interview. The RTD is only valid for 2 years and you need minimum 6 months of validation when applying on it. Book an early appointment because when your RTD expires you would have to apply for another visa to US because the current RTD will be taken back and the new RTD will be given to you with the validation for upto 5 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Please advise. Thank you
Whether I would wait to apply would depend on your current status. If you are employed, have a home (rented or owned), have some savings and have a good reason to visit the US there is no reason to delay your application. Would start with RTD first which you need to travel.

Welcome123

Jan 10, 2024
Yes, you need to fill Ds-160 form and apply by paying fees and booking an interview. The RTD is only valid for 2 years and you need minimum 6 months of validation when applying on it. Book an early appointment because when your RTD expires you would have to apply for another visa to US because the current RTD will be taken back and the new RTD will be given to you with the validation for upto 5 years.
Hey,

Both your refuge travel documents (before PR, and after PR has the same number?

How long did it take to receive the refuge travel document once you get your PR?

If you already have a U.S.A. visa on the refugee travel document, which is valid for two years before PR and once you get a new refugee travel document, can you renew your visa without attending an interview?