+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US tourist visa (multiple) holder getting a Canadian Tourist Visa at border

ronnroz

Sep 17, 2014
My nephew and his family visited US last Summer. Before their visit last year, they applied for a Canadian Visit Visa (after they got the US visa) however were refused (strange, right?? :eek:). They are coming again this year to visit in the US and this time they would like to apply for the Canadian tourist visa at the Buffalo/Niagara border. Their intention is purely visiting us - his relatives, for a week or so.
What are the chances that they will be granted a visa? And if there is a chance, however slim, what documents, proof they need to bring?
If this is something that was never done before, what is the next best thing they can do to visit Canada? Should they apply at the Canadian embassy in NY?

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ronnroz said:
My nephew and his family visited US last Summer. Before their visit last year, they applied for a Canadian Visit Visa (after they got the US visa) however were refused (strange, right?? :eek:). They are coming again this year to visit in the US and this time they would like to apply for the Canadian tourist visa at the Buffalo/Niagara border. Their intention is purely visiting us - his relatives, for a week or so.
What are the chances that they will be granted a visa? And if there is a chance, however slim, what documents, proof they need to bring?
If this is something that was never done before, what is the next best thing they can do to visit Canada? Should they apply at the Canadian embassy in NY?

Thank you in advance.

Visas are not issued at any border. You have to apply for a TRV. NY is a good option.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is advisable to apply from the country of residence, not the country (US) they're visiting. In the application, there is a section that asks if you're applying from your country of residence. Also, since their application was rejected once, they would have provide stronger ties back to the home country. Did you get the GCMS notes to see why the visa was rejected the first time? That would give you an idea for the first rejection and provide better justification for those items.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,

A few my friend visiting USA and then apply Canada visitor visa, they can get visitor visa Canada within 24 hours. I think you can try if you are in USA (new York) now.

ronnroz said:

Thank you in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sonata95 said:
Hi,

A few my friend visiting USA and then apply Canada visitor visa, they can get visitor visa Canada within 24 hours. I think you can try if you are in USA (new York) now.
That was then, this is now. The published processing time for LA and NY is 38 and 36 days.