+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US tourist visa from Calgary

subhankardebnath

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Hey all,

I am a new immigrant here (landed in may) and planning to apply for US tourist visa. I am on fulltime employment and have travelled around a bit as well in europe. I hold an indian passport.

I checked US visa site and have filled out DS-160 form, now only need to make payment online and schedule appointment. But I could not see the length of visa they will grant. Someone told me they do 10 years!! is that ture? Also what are the documents they need?In the website they only say that the interviewer may ask for proof of fund. And also do they require medical insurance like Schenzen visa?

Little input of you here would be really appreciated

Thanks
Subhankar

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will know the result during the appointment with the interviewer!

Reactions: _V_K_

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
If visa is approved, it will take at least a day to put the visa sticker on your passport because they have to share your information (fingerprints, photo) with the other US agencies such as Homeland Security/Border Protection and that takes at least a day in non busy posts since most Canadian consulates are busy it will take up to a week to get your visa and passport. In Toronto, it takes five business days to get your passport with the visa in the mail. You might need to take a self addressed envelope to the consulate.

Reactions: _V_K_

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subhankardebnath said:
Hey all,

I am a new immigrant here (landed in may) and planning to apply for US tourist visa. I am on fulltime employment and have travelled around a bit as well in europe. I hold an indian passport.

I checked US visa site and have filled out DS-160 form, now only need to make payment online and schedule appointment. But I could not see the length of visa they will grant. Someone told me they do 10 years!! is that ture? Also what are the documents they need?In the website they only say that the interviewer may ask for proof of fund. And also do they require medical insurance like Schenzen visa?

Little input of you here would be really appreciated

Thanks
Subhankar
1. Visa approval appears likely as you have a travel history, are full time employed (especially major company with integral pay stubs and direct deposit salary not a mom and pop set up) and didn't apply only days or a few weeks after landing which many applicants typically rush to do. But its the US and you never know.

2. Visa duration up to the consular officer (conoff) - usually its based on your citizenship but Canadian PRs usually get defaulted to an equivalent of Canadian Citizen 'status' and get 120 months (10 yrs) - premise is you will be a Canadian Citizen long before that (well it used to be) and the visa will be moot.

3. You best get insurance when you get visa approval prior to US travel!

Sep 17, 2013
Subhankar, Hopefully you have got your Visa.

what was processing time?
How did you get visa stamp on your passport..same day at office or via mail?

Thanks.

Ers0992

May 23, 2015
Hi All,

I got interviewed for US non immigrant visa in October 31, 2023. And I'm just wondering how long does it take to stamped my passport?
Hope someone can answer me