+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US tourist visa cancelled - implications on my Canadian PR application

Worried_1

Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

I am a Candian Resident and have a valid open work permit to work in Canada. I also had a US B1/B2 visa which I had used earlier to travel to the US through Peace Bridge, Niagra-Buffalo via road transportation. But during my most recent entry in August 2016 the CPB officer denied me entry to us and cancelled my US visitor visa stating that I am not able to demonstrate sufficient ties to the home country or Canada. He asked me to with withdrawing my application on wrote "Cancelled at Peace Bridge, 22 CFR 41.122(h)(3)" on my visa. The supervisor told me that I can still apply for a new visa but will be required to demonstrate strong ties with Canada.

Since I already had a job offer in Canda and am about to submit my PR application, I wanted to understand that will this blemish affect my chances for obtaining a PR in Canada. Please advise as I am not able to think straight in this situation. I had entered the US initially multiple times successfully until this happened and now I feel that my whole career is in jeopardy.

Any suggestions/solutions will be highly appreciated.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Worried_1 said:
Hi,

I am a Candian Resident and have a valid open work permit to work in Canada. I also had a US B1/B2 visa which I had used earlier to travel to the US through Peace Bridge, Niagra-Buffalo via road transportation. But during my most recent entry in August 2016 the CPB officer denied me entry to us and cancelled my US visitor visa stating that I am not able to demonstrate sufficient ties to the home country or Canada. He asked me to with withdrawing my application on wrote "Cancelled at Peace Bridge, 22 CFR 41.122(h)(3)" on my visa. The supervisor told me that I can still apply for a new visa but will be required to demonstrate strong ties with Canada.

Since I already had a job offer in Canda and am about to submit my PR application, I wanted to understand that will this blemish affect my chances for obtaining a PR in Canada. Please advise as I am not able to think straight in this situation. I had entered the US initially multiple times successfully until this happened and now I feel that my whole career is in jeopardy.

Any suggestions/solutions will be highly appreciated.
That should not affect your PR application. But you will need to disclose US visa refusal when filling PR application.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
pfse said:
That should not affect your PR application. But you will need to disclose US visa refusal when filling PR application.
I second this.

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hi! I had the exact same thing, I have been to the US for over 20 times and never even stayed for more than 2 weeks but recently my visa was cancelled at the border for not satisfying their country tie requirements, which was ridiculous considering I have a permanent employment in Canada and a legal status with PGWP, I recently submitted my PR application and did declare the refusal and explained why it was cancelled, but worried whether this will cause delay? Mind sharing your experience or timeline, please? Thanks! Did CIC asked for additional documents?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Any update on this guys. I know someone in a similar situation