+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us to Canada relationship

suzier

Sep 23, 2008
I have been in a relationship with a man from the Usa for about 6 months now, i've spent time visiting him during that period. I would like him to come spend a couple months over here in Canada.
My question is he doesnt need a visitor visa, but is he allowed to come over to spend a period of time like 2 to 3 months. He will be bringing his 11 yr old son with him for the visit.
Also I have purchased a house and he would be helping me renovate it during his stay.

The problem is he's is planning on coming to visit in the middle of October, could they refuse him entry. I was going to give him a letter of invitation to come visit will this be all he requires for the period of time until we decide what we are going to do. Also I was going to meet him at the Canadian border would help me come across.

We have thought of marriage but havent made plans as of yet.
Your help would be appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A US citizen doesn't need a visa to go to Canada. He can come as a tourist and stay for up to 6 months. I can't imagine why they would refuse him entry.

suzier

Sep 23, 2008
Could his son start school while he was here in canada. And what would he tell them at the border just that he was coming to visit for a period of time.

thanks for ur help in advance leon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, just say he's coming to visit. School could possibly be a problem. I saw a documentary on an immigrant family who came to Canada on a tourist visa hoping to get jobs and change their status and they were not allowed to enroll their kid in school on the basis that they were tourists and did not have the right to the use of schools in Canada. They were in Manitoba. But then there was a person on this board who had a foreign boy staying over the school year and he was on a tourist visa and he had been enrolled in school without a problem. I guess you will just have to try it and see. If your neighbourhood school says no, you can also try another.

suzier

Sep 23, 2008
This is so confusing ,,
Thanks for your help..
I need a hotline i have been reading for like 4 hours now on these issues

It was mentioned he could come across as tourist, but I read i could write him a letter of invitation to cme stay with me.

and can he work during the 6 months while he's applying for his work visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can not work in Canada on a tourist visa. He has to get a work permit first.