+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US step-daughter of a Canadian citizen

Discussion in 'Education' started by CJK, May 5, 2019.

  1. I would like to attend university in Canada. I am 16yo currently. My step-mother is a duel US/Canada citizen with US residency. What should I do?
  2. You'll need to apply for a study permit - you'll be classified as an international student. You will be required to pay international student fees as well. Your step-mother's status doesn't provide you with any immediate benefits. You would need to become a PR yourself in order to attend university in Canada without a study permit and pay domestic student fees.
    northern sunshine likes this.

Share This Page