+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US school diplomas are evaluated faster (WES) than diplomas from other countries. Yes or no?

Feb 26, 2020
Is that true that US diplomas have a certain priority over diplomas from other countries for WES? Are they processed and evaluated faster?

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Is that true that US diplomas have a certain priority over diplomas from other countries for WES? Are they processed and evaluated faster?
Not sure if they have priority, but mine (from the US) came in 10 days before the expected date. I've seen other people on the forum from other countries saying they are within a few days of the expected date. WES does evaluations for US and Canada equivalanecy so I think it may just be easier for them to do.

Feb 26, 2020
Not sure if they have priority, but mine (from the US) came in 10 days before the expected date. I've seen other people on the forum from other countries saying they are within a few days of the expected date. WES does evaluations for US and Canada equivalanecy so I think it may just be easier for them to do.
How many days it took for the evaluation of your US diploma?

Thank you.

Feb 26, 2020
20 days from when they received the transcripts.
Did you also have US work experience?

Could you please provide more details on how US education (and/or US work experince) helped you in finding a job in Canada? Did it help at all? For canadian employers, were you still a regular PR holder with foreign non-canadian work experience?

Thank you