+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US residents, connect here and lets share ideas....

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
sraj07 said:
thanks guys

Maddy any progress buddy ?
Not yet. I think mine will be similar to FSW Inland timelines. Currently, October Inland guys are getting PPRs. Nov should next. So, hoping to get ppr in the next 30 days.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
maddy.10m said:
Not yet. I think mine will be similar to FSW Inland timelines. Currently, October Inland guys are getting PPRs. Nov should next. So, hoping to get ppr in the next 30 days.
Btw->What are your plans? When and where are you planning to land?

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
I will land in Toronto in April but go back to the US for now. The problem is, since I am not permanently moving now, I am not sure how to fill the documentthat has the list of items you are bringing to Canada.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
gilean said:
I will land in Toronto in April but go back to the US for now. The problem is, since I am not permanently moving now, I am not sure how to fill the documentthat has the list of items you are bringing to Canada.
Great. Good luck with that. w.r.t list of items, it is required to get duty limit exceptions. We are exempted from paying duties on almost all items that we bring in. Im not sure whether you will be allowed the same benefit the next time you go in. But Im not an expert on this, and may be someone from the forum would have done something similar.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
maddy.10m said:
Great. Good luck with that. w.r.t list of items, it is required to get duty limit exceptions. We are exempted from paying duties on almost all items that we bring in. Im not sure whether you will be allowed the same benefit the next time you go in. But Im not an expert on this, and may be someone from the forum would have done something similar.
You have to list all the items you intend to bring along with you, now or later. Give both the lists to the customs agent and he will stamp it. This is help you get all your household goods into Canada without paying any duty.

For details check this out:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

After submitting eAPR, if there is a change in address, do we have to intimate it to CIC?

I may change my residential address in a month as my current lease ends.

Will there be any mail correspondence to the address mentioned in eAPR or just email follow ups?

Please advice.

Thanks
Shashi

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Hi guys,

Quick question: did you scan all copies of your passport or just the bio-data pages? I know the instructions say bio-data, but I was wondering if CIC will be interested in knowing if you have a legal status in the US or there should be a way they can find out what your status is by entering your passport details?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
mamaJM said:
Hi guys,

Quick question: did you scan all copies of your passport or just the bio-data pages? I know the instructions say bio-data, but I was wondering if CIC will be interested in knowing if you have a legal status in the US or there should be a way they can find out what your status is by entering your passport details?
Per the instructions only the bio pages are required. However, some people in the past have had rejections for not turning in other pages, which is absurd. To be on the safer side, send the bio pages and all visas and stamped pages.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
legalfalcon said:
Per the instructions only the bio pages are required. However, some people in the past have had rejections for not turning in other pages, which is absurd. To be on the safer side, send the bio pages and all visas and stamped pages.

Thanks for your response. Is that what you did? You included all stamped pages? My situation is kind of complicated, I changed status a few months ago before my visa expired. Do I need to include my approval notice and I-94 to prove I was here at the time legally. I just don't want to complicate things or confuse the officer. Isn't it better to keep it simple and include just the bio-data page and then provide more pages when asked, since the instruction asks for only the bio-data pages?

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamaJM said:
Thanks for your response. Is that what you did? You included all stamped pages? My situation is kind of complicated, I changed status a few months ago before my visa expired. Do I need to include my approval notice and I-94 to prove I was here at the time legally. I just don't want to complicate things or confuse the officer. Isn't it better to keep it simple and include just the bio-data page and then provide more pages when asked, since the instruction asks for only the bio-data pages?
Its advised by the previous applicants that its good to submit all the pages of Passport. Many of my friends submitted all the pages and got their PR.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamaJM said:
I submitted all pages with visas, entry/exit stamps, notations (e.g., the Indian consulate had made an entry pertaining to my application for the PCC). Since there was no longer a valid H1 stamp in my passport, I included a copy of the renewal approval notice (I-797). Spelled everything out in the LOE. Thought it'd be safer to include all of the above. Worked out in my case.

Good luck!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
mamaJM said:
Just scan your bio pages, followed by your current US status visa, I-94, and other visas and stamps in your PP. There is no need to send approval letters or notice. Just what is there in your passport.

Your scan should look like this:

1. Bio pages
2. Current status in the US visa
3. I-94
4. Authorization to work (EAD card) - if applicable
5. Other visas with corresponding entry and exit stamps.

Deccan said:
I submitted all pages with visas, entry/exit stamps, notations (e.g., the Indian consulate had made an entry pertaining to my application for the PCC). Since there was no longer a valid H1 stamp in my passport, I included a copy of the renewal approval notice (I-797). Spelled everything out in the LOE. Thought it'd be safer to include all of the above. Worked out in my case.

Good luck!
You need not go in this much detail. What is important is that CIC is concerned that you have a legal status in the country of residence. If your visa proves it, you are good, if not, then you can follow what @Deccan suggested.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
mamaJM said:
I submitted only bio pages, as requested in MyCIC while uploading documents. Mind you, I am yet to receive my PPR. Earlier, CIC needed all non empty pages in Passport. But later on, changed their process to requiring only bio pages. CIC will not reject your application for not uploading all pages. Neither are you going to get penalized for uploading all pages (Well, the agent could be annoyed. Esp., when you have 3 passports with like 70 pages to upload). If required, CIC will ask you to submit the pages. But I haven't seen anyone getting this request in the last 6 months or so. I kept it simple, since my file is already huge and I did not want to add unnecessary documents that they don't need.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Thanks guys! So I have a new passport with no stamp or visa in it and 2 other passports with stamps and visas. Do I then include the stamped pages from my 2 old passports? Or just the last one that has US visas? My last visa had expired, so I guess it's better to include the approval notice for the change of status and also my I-94. Do I need to do that for my spouse's passport too? I am the PA, he is out of the US. Does anyone have a situation like mine, whose spouse live in a different country?

ogbg

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I uploaded the bio page only with the application and got the ppr last week. I think just upload what they asked you to upload which is the bio pages.