+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US residents, connect here and lets share ideas....

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sraj07 said:
Rajanav and Maddy and others

PPR!!!! ... Thanks to GOD AND THIS FORUM ....

My timelines

PEI PNP-Outland -USA
AOR : Oct 09
Med Pass : around Oct 17
PPR :- FEB 19
Updated status :- Feb 19
BG Inprocess : FEB 19 (Checked after the PPR email only )
Congrats.. Very happy for you :)

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
I see my CIC shows 'UPDATED' status today

AOR - Oct 17 (PNP outland- US)
My BG has started now.

Do ppl get PPR's on Saturday's as well ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rajanvnv said:
My BG has started now.

Do ppl get PPR's on Saturday's as well ?
Yes, there have been cases where people have received PPRs on Sunday too, keep your fingers crossed.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
Yes, there have been cases where people have received PPRs on Sunday too, keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks legalfalcon. That's really good to know.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Guys ,,,
please help me

I am Indian citizen living here

1) Should I send passports to Ottawa , or should I request for VO office change ? If need to change what should I mention them in email ?

2) Taking photos is head ache ... I live in Memphis , Tennessee .... I know walgreens take photos for Canada dimension , is that ok ? or any other shops ? We donot have any other photograph shops in the area ...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sraj07 said:
Guys ,,,
please help me

I am Indian citizen living here

1) Should I send passports to Ottawa , or should I request for VO office change ? If need to change what should I mention them in email ?
Legally the Indian law forbids sending passports outside the country by mail, however, many Indian citizens residing in the USA have sent their passport to Ottawa without any trouble. I personally feel that sending passports within North America is fine.

2) Taking photos is head ache ... I live in Memphis , Tennessee .... I know walgreens take photos for Canada dimension , is that ok ? or any other shops ? We donot have any other photograph shops in the area ...
That would be fine, just make sure that your pictures comply with the dimensions as given on the CIC website.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
made biggest mistake in life ...
still vo not change ... i am yet to hear from CIC . what can i do now . please suggest.its been a week i emailed CIC to change the VO to USA . Can i wait for another week? or send my pp to Canada ?

lianleya

Feb 24, 2016
Hello, everyone!
Right now I`m US resident on a Student Visa. I applied as US resident and I just got my ITA (so happy!) Now I start having questions. My student visa will expire in June 2016 and I have to come back to my home country. I know that I will be in the middle of my application process when I leave US. Do you know if it is ok, that I leave US and change my address to my home Country while being in the middle of the process? I am very nervous that I will have problems because I applied as US resident but my visa expired and I moved back home before I got my PPR.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
sraj07 said:
made biggest mistake in life ...
still vo not change ... i am yet to hear from CIC . what can i do now . please suggest.its been a week i emailed CIC to change the VO to USA . Can i wait for another week? or send my pp to Canada ?
Im sure it will be allright. It takes them about 2 weeks to respond. Thats what happened to my CSE. I would say give another week. If you are feeling anxious, give CIC a call.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
lianleya said:
Hello, everyone!
Right now I`m US resident on a Student Visa. I applied as US resident and I just got my ITA (so happy!) Now I start having questions. My student visa will expire in June 2016 and I have to come back to my home country. I know that I will be in the middle of my application process when I leave US. Do you know if it is ok, that I leave US and change my address to my home Country while being in the middle of the process? I am very nervous that I will have problems because I applied as US resident but my visa expired and I moved back home before I got my PPR.
Others who have gone through the same can provide more details: You should be alright. Just apply with US address and when you move back to your home country, you just need to change your address by raising a CSE. This is what Im planning to do for my spouse and kid who are returning in a few days to join me in US. Best of luck.

jsjsjsj

Feb 15, 2016
lianleya said:
Hello, everyone!
I'm in the same situation. AOR Feb 22 with my current US address and I have to leave the US by July. As maddy mentioned above, I'm planning on raising a CSE when I move.

BalaJi-2015

May 23, 2015
Hello there!

Happy to see a thread for US residents. Got our ITA on Feb 24. My wife could get reference letter stating that she works on a "full time basis" without mentioning the hours per week. Is it acceptable? Your valuable suggestions please.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
maddy.10m said:
Im sure it will be allright. It takes them about 2 weeks to respond. Thats what happened to my CSE. I would say give another week. If you are feeling anxious, give CIC a call.
Hi Maddy ,

How are you ? Hope u r next guy from US to get PPR . Don't do the same mistake as i did .. Just goahead and send the PP to Canada .