Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanna share my experience for everyone's reference

Applied on Oct 24, 2016
FBI received on Nov 1st, 2016
CC charged on Dec 15th, 2016
Report Issued on Dec 21th, 2016
Report sent on Dec 24th, 2016

Hasn't received the report as it has been sent to my home country and it is too late now to change to a U.S. address:(

I've already had a report from one of the service companies in Toronto saying that they can get the report done in a few business days (cost ~200CAD), but I am not 100 percent sure the one I got is the official copy. It does look like a official one though, printed on a grey paper. Hopefully I can tell if there is any difference between this and the official mail from FBI in a few weeks.

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
CDNPR2014 said:
if you're using the new packet, i would be cautious about sending it. there's no guarantee it will be accepted or it wouldn't get lost, since the new package specifically states not to send it upfront. if you send it upfront with the new package, then expect to get another request down the road.
Where does it state to NOT send it up front? It states you're not required to send one up front - but it also states to get on the process ASAP as they request them shortly after processing your application. I sent mine with the new forms + PCC and a letter explaining that I was originally intending to do the old forms but realized the new packet is a much better and easier option thus I did the new forms + old medical + old PCC.

If I need a new one I'll get one but ill keep ya posted

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
k7124 said:
Just wanna share my experience for everyone's reference

Applied on Oct 24, 2016
FBI received on Nov 1st, 2016
CC charged on Dec 15th, 2016
Report Issued on Dec 21th, 2016
Report sent on Dec 24th, 2016

Hasn't received the report as it has been sent to my home country and it is too late now to change to a U.S. address:(

I've already had a report from one of the service companies in Toronto saying that they can get the report done in a few business days (cost ~200CAD), but I am not 100 percent sure the one I got is the official copy. It does look like a official one though, printed on a grey paper. Hopefully I can tell if there is any difference between this and the official mail from FBI in a few weeks.
Typically, the official document will be on tamper proof paper. So if you try to make a copy of it, the copy will have "VOID" or something to that effect written on it, which would be a good indicator that the original is the official FBI report. If it's on gray paper, it's most likely the official one, that's what mine looked like.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Staunts2015 said:
Typically, the official document will be on tamper proof paper. So if you try to make a copy of it, the copy will have "VOID" or something to that effect written on it, which would be a good indicator that the original is the official FBI report. If it's on gray paper, it's most likely the official one, that's what mine looked like.
Six months ago when I got mine, people said they had stopped using the tamper proof paper. Has that changed again?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
danawhitaker said:
Six months ago when I got mine, people said they had stopped using the tamper proof paper. Has that changed again?
I guess so, because mine was tamper-proof. I sent my application on October 24th, 2016, and received the official document on Oct. 31st. I got my PCC through an FBI Channeler, so that may have changed things, but it was stated in the application it would be on tamper-proof paper. When I received it, I made a copy for my own records, and it came out with the watermarks saying "VOID" (or something similar, I don't remember). Just by the looks of it, I could tell it was tamper-proof.

k7124

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Staunts2015 said:
I guess so, because mine was tamper-proof. I sent my application on October 24th, 2016, and received the official document on Oct. 31st. I got my PCC through an FBI Channeler, so that may have changed things, but it was stated in the application it would be on tamper-proof paper. When I received it, I made a copy for my own records, and it came out with the watermarks saying "VOID" (or something similar, I don't remember). Just by the looks of it, I could tell it was tamper-proof.
Just got the one directly from FBI before the new year. It's on a white paper and no tamper-proof.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
k7124 said:
Just got the one directly from FBI before the new year. It's on a white paper and no tamper-proof.
Hmm, I guess that option is only available through FBI Channelers then. If CIC accepts it on just plain paper, I would've gone with the option to have it emailed to me, which would've been much cheaper/faster.

ascendings

Jan 16, 2017
skyzee said:
+1, also used MyFBIReport. Very professional. The USPS had even lost our original certificates sent First Class mail, but we called and they resent it using 2-day priority mail. Only thing is that the address needs to be US address, so since my wife is living with me, we used a shipping service just across the border in Blaine, WA.

To answer a previous poster's question - fingerprint cards are just fine, that's what we used to send in to channeler. If you need a recommendation for fingerprint shop in Vancouver, PM me.
So you can use an address other than your residence as your shipping address? As long as it is delivered to an address in my name? I thought something like this would require a signature upon delivery...Their website says that it can only be mailed to an attorney if not to yourself.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
ascendings said:
So you can use an address other than your residence as your shipping address? As long as it is delivered to an address in my name? I thought something like this would require a signature upon delivery...Their website says that it can only be mailed to an attorney if not to yourself.
I got mine in a regular envelope in my mailbox. No signature required, though I did have it sent to my residential address, so I'm not sure if that's a factor.

Loveey92

Dec 10, 2016
Hello! Can someone enlighten me for my case. I am from Philippines, I sent my fbi clearance request just last week. I was just wonderin', how do i track the progress of my request? Will they e-mail me and inform me that they received my documents? Also, I put in my Philippines address for the return address. Will that be fine? Thanks. And God bless!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the FBI website, as of today, they're still issuing the IHSR letters on regular paper:

Your results will be provided on standard white paper and returned to you by First-Class Mail via the U.S. Postal Service.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
What is the rough estimate of receiving the PCC. I am a non us citizen currently residing in USA for >3yrs. I just received my ITA and would like to know the timelines so that I can prepare well in advance and fall under 90days window.

Appreciate you help!!!!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
spartanjsv said:
What is the rough estimate of receiving the PCC. I am a non us citizen currently residing in USA for >3yrs. I just received my ITA and would like to know the timelines so that I can prepare well in advance and fall under 90days window.

Appreciate you help!!!!
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

It says the current processing time is 12 to 14 weeks, plus time for mailing.

Edit: If you're a permanent resident of the U.S., you'd be able to use a channeler, which is much faster. My channeler had my results back to me in about 5 minutes.

John34

Feb 10, 2017
Hello everybody,

I have a question about delivery mail, I sent a letter in priority mail express 2 day for my background check to the adress ( 1000 Custer hollowroad...) and since monday, my tracking say ma letter is available for pick up in Clarksburg, WV 26306.

I don't understand why it's not delivered, someone already was in this situation?

I try to contact the FBI but nobody's answering and usps tell me to contact them...