+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
graham_crackers said:
We recently received my husband's FBI clearance. We've already submitted his outland spousal PR application - how do I go about sending in this clearance and having it added to our file? We haven't gotten any AOR yet, the application was only delivered 6 days ago. Thanks in advance!
You can't really do much until you have your file number. Once you have it, submit a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) and upload a scan of the IHSR letter. Let them know that you will also be sending the original, my mail/courier. You'll find the address for sending additional documentation to CIC on their website.

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Has anyone had problems with using a channeled fbi report?

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
CIC asked me to submit FBI clearance report but I will not be having that by January. Is there any kind of proof that I can show that I have applied to FBI already as I applied in Oct mid??

SINP 2017

Oct 11, 2016
All, I need your help and I shall appreciate any advise. I have been recently nominated by Saskatchewan province and I need to submit the documents for PR application. My questions are regarding FBI report in USA.

1. I saw a few posts recommending Channelers. Could anyone confirm if I should be using Channelers or getting the report directly from FBI? If channelers, who is the recommended one?

2. If I should be reaching out to FBI directly for the report, how should I be sending fingerprint cards- using form/paper or live scan? Which live scan could be used for the application?

Please help. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Regards

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
SINP 2017 said:
All, I need your help and I shall appreciate any advise. I have been recently nominated by Saskatchewan province and I need to submit the documents for PR application. My questions are regarding FBI report in USA.

1. I saw a few posts recommending Channelers. Could anyone confirm if I should be using Channelers or getting the report directly from FBI? If channelers, who is the recommended one?

2. If I should be reaching out to FBI directly for the report, how should I be sending fingerprint cards- using form/paper or live scan? Which live scan could be used for the application?

Please help. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Regards
Hi, I'd highly suggest using the FBI Channeler, if you can. It is a service only available to US Citizens, and Permanent Residents. I was a little skeptical at first, but most will get you your Police Certificate in a matter of days! I looked at my options and chose My FBI Report (myfbireport .com). It was only $40 (about $20 more than going directly through FBI), and I had my certificate one week after I started the whole process. And you can pay more to get it the next day. When I saw that going through the FBI directly would take 8+ weeks, I was freaking out, but the Channeler process is very simple, quick, and not much more expensive.

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me to understand this. My FBI request was delivered today. I sent it on 1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, WV 26306. I was wondering why it was sent on a different postal code? Is it the same place or not? I searched other people's tracking info via Google and found out that theirs were sent on FBI with postal code 26306. This can be a glitch in the system. But I do not know it for sure.

Here's my tracking info from USPS:

Your item was delivered at 12:07 pm on December 14, 2016 in CLARKSBURG, WV 26301 to FBI EXPRESS. The item was signed for by L WAGNER.

14/12/2016 12:07:00 United States of America (the) 26301 Deliver item (Inb) Air Signed By : LWAGNER
13/12/2016 11:50:00 United States of America (the) 26306 Unsuccessful item delivery attempt (Inb) Air Reason : Addressee has P.O. Box Measure : Addressee advised to pick up the item

And here's someone's tracking info I found on the net just for comparison (edited to remain private):
Your item was delivered at (TIME) on (DATE) in CLARKSBURG, WV 26306 to FBI EXPRESS. The item was signed for by (OFFICER).

Please help me. Thank you.

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prvc said:
Hi. This is okay. :) Same thing happened to me. I replied to your PM. Please check your inbox. :) Thanks :)
Hi Thanks prvc

+1for you

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. If you haven't been to the US since the FBI PCC was issued, its validity won't expire.
[/quote]

I've been in the US for more than three years now and I am still there. I got my PCC early November and planning to complete and send my application on January. Would if affect my application if the PCC has an expiry date before January?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
prvc said:
Since you are currently in the States, the FBI PCC should not have beeen issued for more than six months at the time of your application. You're good to go if you plan on submitting your app on January. However, you may expect another FBI PCC request at a later time if your app takes a longer time before a decision is made.
With the OLD application, CIC must receive the PCC within 6 months of it being issued, that does not mean it needs to be issued within 6 months of processing or approval. it means the report needs to be submitted to cic before 6 months.

with the NEW packet, the PCC is no longer accepted up front, so an applicant needs to wait until CIC specifically requests the PCC.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
With the OLD application, CIC must receive the PCC within 6 months of it being issued, that does not mean it needs to be issued within 6 months of processing or approval. it means the report needs to be submitted to cic before 6 months.

with the NEW packet, the PCC is no longer accepted up front, so an applicant needs to wait until CIC specifically requests the PCC.
I have it now and I believe it wouldn't hurt to send it up front.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
luissuarez said:
I have it now and I believe it wouldn't hurt to send it up front.
if you're using the new packet, i would be cautious about sending it. there's no guarantee it will be accepted or it wouldn't get lost, since the new package specifically states not to send it upfront. if you send it upfront with the new package, then expect to get another request down the road.

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
I sent my application on 23rd Sep 2016 from Vancouver, BC, and received it on 20th Nov 2016. About 2 months in total.

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
+1, also used MyFBIReport. Very professional. The USPS had even lost our original certificates sent First Class mail, but we called and they resent it using 2-day priority mail. Only thing is that the address needs to be US address, so since my wife is living with me, we used a shipping service just across the border in Blaine, WA.

To answer a previous poster's question - fingerprint cards are just fine, that's what we used to send in to channeler. If you need a recommendation for fingerprint shop in Vancouver, PM me.