+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Hi, I had applied for my US police clearance from FBI in May, but I haven't received a response yet after 3 months. I am planning to initiate an eDO. Do I need to resubmit my fingerprints?

Thanks in advance for your response!

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi, I had applied for my US police clearance from FBI in May, but I haven't received a response yet after 3 months. I am planning to initiate an eDO. Do I need to resubmit my fingerprints?

Wow, I submitted mine in the beginning of June, so I imagine I am not going to get mine anytime soon either.

Hannah1234

Aug 21, 2018
I'm having the same error and I have tried all browsers and also my cellphone and it is not working. What can I do? Thanks for the help.

It says: "
Request Error (invalid_request)
Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled
This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.
For assistance, contact your network support team.

Does anyone come across this problem? We are in Australia, kinda afraid that we need to submit by mail again and wait for another 4 months!!![/QUOTE]

Hannah1234

Aug 21, 2018
Good evening everyone,

I have been trying all day to access the eDO but it is always showing the same error. I tried different computers, browsers, my cellphone and it didn't work. In doing this from Colombia, south america. Is eDO website not working or is it a country restriction. Thank you all for your help.
Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled
This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

diyrob

Aug 11, 2018

Yes, you will need a new fingerprint card.

diyrob

Aug 11, 2018
I received my FBI background results letter on Friday. The original seems to have a somewhat more distinct watermark in the paper. I mailed my application package to Mississauga today!

Squidward

Aug 1, 2018
I am a resident of Pakistan who spent some time in the US. Can I do the fingerprinting process myself on the FD-258 card or do I have to have to do it in front of an official because the card has space for "Signature of official taking fingerprints". Who will this official be for someone living in Pakistan. Also what goes in "employer and address" and "reason fingerprinted"? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018

Update: I contacted the FBI and they informed me that I didn't have to submit the fingerprints again. I submitted my eDO application on the website, and emailed FBI with the following details required by them: Name, Address, Telephone number, Name of Courier, and Tracking number for the envelope with fingerprints that was already mailed to FBI. They found my fingerprints package and completed my evaluation within 3 days.

Cheers!

Reactions: skye

Kathsiano

Aug 26, 2018
Can anyone please tell me how to Edo wroks? I've been waiting for mine since june. Does eDo expedites the process of police clearance?

jnt211

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
New York
App. Filed.......
08-08-2018
For whatever it’s worth, if you fill it out online if you receive an answer in five days. All you have to do is Mail in a fingerprint card.

Reactions: mel406

seispace

Sep 6, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update your account once they receive your fingerprints? Mine were delivered sept 12th at 10 AM (yesterday) and it still says insufficient. I'm sure I'm just being impatient but I'm wondering how long it takes them to update that.

seispace

Sep 6, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update your account once they receive your fingerprints? Mine were delivered sept 12th at 10 AM (yesterday) and it still says insufficient. I'm sure I'm just being impatient but I'm wondering how long it takes them to update that.
If anyone is reading this and wondering about processing times, here is my timeline:
-Submitted electronic request on September 8th, 2018
-Mailed out fingerprint cards Sept. 11
-Delivered to Clarksburg WV Sept. 13 (sent USPS Priority Mail)
-Received Identity History Summary electronically 9AM Sept. 17

My account said missing fingerprints the whole time, didn't see it update to "processing" or anything in real time, so they must just do it all at once. Pretty quick!

mail2hart

Sep 30, 2018
Hello guys, I am new here. I have couple of questions regarding US PCC. Please kindly help me with the answers:

1. I have a score enough to get an ITA, but haven't created a profile to get into pool. Can I apply for US PCC before receiving an ITA? If, yes, should I do that or wait for ITA and then apply for PCC?
2. Where should I get fingerprints done?

Thank you.