App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
Which ever processing center is handling the sponsees part so for us it was Ottawa.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
So like the after SA part? It shoukd be Ottawa for us too (American immigrant). Kk. If I get it before SA, shoukd I still send it to Ottawa or wait?

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
If you get it before SA call them and ask where to send it. It is annoying but there is a way to talk to a person with persistence. My side as the sponsor was done when we got the FBI check and when I called they told me to send it to 219 Laurier Avenue West 7th floor section B Ottawa K1A 1L1

jessicaje

Dec 8, 2015
I have been watching this thread of discussion for a few weeks. Thanks for all of your info. I thought I should contribute too.
My application was received by the FBI on September 9th. Today December 8th my credit card was charged.
Hope everything goes well from now on. Wish you all good luck.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
jessicaje said:
I have been watching this thread of discussion for a few weeks. Thanks for all of your info. I thought I should contribute too.
My application was received by the FBI on September 9th. Today December 8th my credit card was charged.
Thank you so much. It's great to see people keeping us updated! Ours was relieved around 26th of Sept I think, so we should see the charge in a few weeks. Thank you!!

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
jessicaje said:
Ah I'm so close! I still have a feeling they're going to just reject my fingerprints though. :eek:

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
krishnalynn said:
Ah I'm so close! I still have a feeling they're going to just reject my fingerprints though. :eek:
I worried about my fingerprints too because I did ink and roll but they were ok.
Yours will be, too.

kamsterr

Aug 5, 2015
My husband mailed in his fingerprints in late August and we still haven't heard back. He's been calling back a couple times last week and they can't find them. Has anyone had this experience? So frustrating and we haven't even applied yet.

Now they are saying to mail them in again, which means waiting another 3-4 months. Is it too risky to apply without the police clearance and forward it later because the rest of our paperwork is pretty much ready to go at this point? Or should we wait and delay the whole application by 3-4 months in order to send everything in together? If we mail in the police clearance afterwards, where does it go and how does all that work? We're applying outland and don't live together so adding more time onto this process is tough.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
kamsterr said:
My husband mailed in his fingerprints in late August and we still haven't heard back. He's been calling back a couple times last week and they can't find them. Has anyone had this experience? So frustrating and we haven't even applied yet.

Now they are saying to mail them in again, which means waiting another 3-4 months. Is it too risky to apply without the police clearance and forward it later because the rest of our paperwork is pretty much ready to go at this point? Or should we wait and delay the whole application by 3-4 months in order to send everything in together? If we mail in the police clearance afterwards, where does it go and how does all that work? We're applying outland and don't live together so adding more time onto this process is tough.
When I was in a similar situation one of the trusted senior posters told me to mail it and send the FBI report later. Put a note with your application explaining why you didn't send. Your application will be two months getting sponsor approval before it is even sent to the visa office that does the Immigrant portion. And your note will let them know to expect it later.

kamsterr

Aug 5, 2015
Thank you for your advice - did you then wait to get your sponsorship approval before forwarding the police clearance? Or did you send it as soon as you got it? And where do you send it to? Sorry so many questions!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
kamsterr said:
Thank you for your advice - did you then wait to get your sponsorship approval before forwarding the police clearance? Or did you send it as soon as you got it? And where do you send it to? Sorry so many questions!
I had my application sealed and was getting ready to drive to fed ex to send. Checked mailbox and FBI results were there so opened application and added. But was going to send without.
Send your application now, don't wait. Just add a note to explain. Once you get SA you will have a UCI number and you will see which visa office your application is sent to. Then you can use your UCI number for a reference when you send your FBI report in and they will match it to your application.
Ask all the questions you want, I asked a lot and everyone is happy to help.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
kamsterr said:
Yep! This is what I did. Sent it with my receipt from submitting the FBI stuff.

And NO ONE has asked as many questions as me :p Worry not.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
jessicaje said:
Today they are processing applications received on September 8th.
Weird, on Dec 9th someone said that their application from Sept 9th was charged. Wonder if that date is wrong or they're going way slower than normal.

jessicaje

Dec 8, 2015
krishnalynn said:
Weird, on Dec 9th someone said that their application from Sept 9th was charged. Wonder if that date is wrong or they're going way slower than normal.
That was also me.

I think they first charge you, then process your case.