+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US police certificate

CPG

Apr 26, 2018
Hi all,
Has anyone gone through the process of receiving a police certificate from the States? I am being awfully slow.

When it comes to fingerprints--how strict are they? Can I get them anywhere? Or authored places only? Not exactly sure where to get them in my home country.

And which form exactly am I completing online? This one--https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Many thanks in advance,
CPG

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html
Submit a request online
You can request an Identity History Summary from the FBI online.

1. Complete the online form
  2. Receive a confirmation email
  3. Get your fingerprints taken on an official fingerprint form (FD-258) on standard white paper stock
  4. Mail your fingerprints and a copy of your confirmation email to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division
  5. Pay your fees
It takes 3 to 5 business days for an electronic check. The FBI can send it to you by:

• email through a secure link and personal identification number or
  • First Class mail via the U.S. Postal Service
Request an Identity History Summary online

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi all,
Has anyone gone through the process of receiving a police certificate from the States? I am being awfully slow.

When it comes to fingerprints--how strict are they? Can I get them anywhere? Or authored places only? Not exactly sure where to get them in my home country.

And which form exactly am I completing online? This one--https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Many thanks in advance,
CPG

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html
Submit a request online

3. Get your fingerprints taken on an official fingerprint form (FD-258) on standard white paper stock
  4. Mail your fingerprints and a copy of your confirmation email to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division
  5. Pay your fees
It takes 3 to 5 business days for an electronic check. The FBI can send it to you by:

You simply need to put your fingerprint on the downloadable card the FBI has provided and send it to them. You can use a stamp pad to take one.

CPG

Apr 26, 2018
You simply need to put your fingerprint on the downloadable card the FBI has provided and send it to them. You can use a stamp pad to take one.
I am afraid that won't work. The FD-258 form asks for the "signature of official taking fingerprints". So, the question is, how strict are with who does your fingerprints and where it needs to be done?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I did not see it when I had sent my FD-258 and had got my PCC.

Maybe, you could have your local police station have you do it and have them sign it.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
I am afraid that won't work. The FD-258 form asks for the "signature of official taking fingerprints". So, the question is, how strict are with who does your fingerprints and where it needs to be done?
Hi, I got FBI report for my husband and me last month and the entire process was super easy.
1. Download the FD258 form.
2. Print it in a normal A4 sheet (We took 20 copies)
3. Take 5 copies of your finger print by yourself. (We used normal "Camel" inkpad in India as we couldn't find fingerprinting inkpad, its available in Amazon though) We referred this youtube video -
4. We sent both our application together. We packed our application in separate envelopes but shipped them together to US in one big cover.
5. Within 3 days of receiving the cover, the FBI mailed the report to us. We received the physical copy in 20 days for no extra fee. Physical copy is not required for Canada immigration though.

Let me know if you have any question in the entire process.

Reactions: milamola

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance,
CPG

Submit a request online

5. Pay your fees

Where did you end up going for your fingerprints?? We will have to ge tmy husbands Police Check soon but I'm so confused on how and where to go in ontario. I've read so many contradicting things...digital vs paper prints, who can take them, how long it takes to get, ect..

milamola

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, I got FBI report for my husband and me last month and the entire process was super easy.
1. Download the FD258 form.
2. Print it in a normal A4 sheet (We took 20 copies)
3. Take 5 copies of your finger print by yourself. (We used normal "Camel" inkpad in India as we couldn't find fingerprinting inkpad, its available in Amazon though) We referred this youtube video -
4. We sent both our application together. We packed our application in separate envelopes but shipped them together to US in one big cover.
5. Within 3 days of receiving the cover, the FBI mailed the report to us. We received the physical copy in 20 days for no extra fee. Physical copy is not required for Canada immigration though.

Let me know if you have any question in the entire process.
Thank you!! I was wondering if I could just download it!!!